konalavadome

Anyone in Somerset?

• 4 Replies

jessie

• Busker
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
It's not very likely, but worth a shot! Somerset has hardly any musicians in the whole county! Where are they?  :'(

I'd like to meet up with any musicians, male or female, just for a jam and to kick around some ideas...

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
ooh whereabouts in Somerset?  I used to live in Taunton for quite a few years.  There was an open mic night once a week in one of the local pubs but nothing to write home about.  Although since then, a new one has started at the perfect 5th on Sundays and it's supposed to be very good...

Might be worth a shot if you're local?
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

miffer

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
I'm not too far from Taunton so may give that a try. I intend to gradually dominate the South West with my rickety sub-drunk busker attempt at musicianship...

jessie

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »
ooh whereabouts in Somerset?  I used to live in Taunton for quite a few years.  There was an open mic night once a week in one of the local pubs but nothing to write home about.  Although since then, a new one has started at the perfect 5th on Sundays and it's supposed to be very good...

Might be worth a shot if you're local?

Hiya
I'm in Burnham on sea so will check that out. Thank you Tone!
Jessie  :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »
Ah Burnham! So you are probably a veteran of the Ritz acoustic club then?  To be fair I've always enjoyed the ritz on the occasions I've made it that far.  It's a very friendly atmosphere on the whole.
Another good one if you can get there is the Davids Hall in South Petherton, just off the A303 - I think it's the first or last sunday of the month, but it's a great night, and a real treat to play in such an amazing space.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l