konalavadome

Sorry guys and gals...

• 9 Replies

The S

• Solo Gig
« on: April 04, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
...I haven't been around so much and most importantly I haven't been reviewing at all.

Life's been somewhat busy but it's not all that. Musically, I came to a crossroads of sort, I just felt I had to up my songwriting, lyric writing, playing, recordings and everything surrounding songwriting so I dove into that very deep hole and haven't been able to come out of it for some time. It's all going in the right direction but wanted to post a kind of delayed heads up! Hehe!

I'm slowly finding my way back to real life much to my wife's satisfaction, mine too for that matter. She's not overly fond when I disappear in music and frankly, neither am I. It's exhausting for all of us really. But it has to be done from time to time. I'm just happy I've got a family that lets me do it.

Anyways, thought you should know, the few of you who still remembers me that is!  ;D

Now I only need to record what I've been up to. It should be fun. We'll see.

I'll review asap too.

Cheers for now,

Peter

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
Hi Peter,

Yes I totally empathise this is a time consuming hobby/pastime/obsession...

Look forward to hearing some of what you've been working on...

Phil
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »
Hi Peter,

Yes I totally empathise this is a time consuming hobby/pastime/obsession...

Look forward to hearing some of what you've been working on...

Phil

Obsession describes it perfectly in my case. Too much sometimes.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:49:38 PM »
I look forward to hearing your new stuff, too, Peter. It's always top class and right up my street.

Derek
West Country Country Boy

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 08:51:43 PM »
Yeah...me too...your stuff is always top drawer  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
Yo Peter,good to see you still around. I've been down the DAW rabbit hole since Xmas and I feel the need to come up for air and do other things for a while. I've 20 odd new songs from that purple patch,but we all need to recharge,or the joy becomes a chore.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • AlphaLine Website:
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:01:43 PM »
Don't ever stop, folks!
"Music is the answer"... 
C x
Caz

Vocalist
AlphaLine

4 piece band from Surrey/Berkshire, UK, with sounds drawing in trip-hop, jazz, funk, ambient electronica and alternative psychedelic rock.

Check out our Instagram: www.instagram.com/alphalineband

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 08:18:20 AM »
I totally get self-imposed breaks.  I'd love to write and  devote myself to music production but many other responsibilities need my attention. and I simply have to address them.  Music can really take over your life if you allow it to.  Achieving a balance is essential.

Paul

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
Hi Peter - totally get that. I am in the same boat really, I don't want to be AWOL from this wonderful forum either having really got into it over the past few months, but that is just the way it goes sometimes. Musically I am struggling a bit with ideas right now, even when I find the time.

So, with no intention of hijacking the thread, I would ALSO like to apologise for my recent lack of reviewing especially. I don't want to be one of those who rock up for a while then disappear, I will be back, just like your good self Peter.

Cheers, Bill

Mike67

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:05:13 PM »
I think ebbs and flows are the natural order of things.  Deep obsessions followed by time out to replenish once the tank's empty.  During the breaks it's good to post, but when obsession calls it's hard for it not be 24/7. I was saying to someone earlier today, that the art is master of the artist, and it can feel like a dictatorship sometimes.  I'm also doing lots of writing at the moment, so not posting as much as I was, but I'm still around and reviewing when I can.

Mike