konalavadome

Just Let Go

• 12 Replies

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« on: March 29, 2017, 09:18:12 AM »
I have a track I worked on a few months ago and kind of left alone. Would love to get some thoughts!

Lyrics are posted below. This song is about finally finding peace within yourself, at any measure.

Thanks so much!
Micky

https://soundcloud.com/micky-shiloah/just-let-go-9-16-done

Lyrics:
I was stuck in the middle of the ocean blue
surrounded by the waves with nowhere to go
nowhere to go

No sign of land or your hand
Pulling me to safety so I said
Just let go
Just let go

And as the blue sky turned dark
I could see the stars more than ever

And as the water calmed down
I could finally understand how
I feel better

Chorus:
And now I
I never felt more alive
I never felt such a high
Than the moment I said goodbye
To everything in my life
That only kept me around for a while
Then dug me into the pile
But lightning struck me out of denial
And now I'm ready to go

I'm ready to let go of everything that's ever held me back
I'm so
I'm ready to go I'm ready to go
I'm ready to let go of everything that's ever held me back
I'm so
I'm ready to go I'm ready to go
Just let go

So I drifted away from the only coastline
I ever knew, I've ever walked upon in my life

I remember feeling the sand in my hands
And the sun in my eyes
Never knowing that it would be the last time

And then I reached the other side
I could see the sunrise pouring open

And as the morning came
I swear I could feel the rain
It was Heaven..

Chorus:
And now I
I never felt more alive
I never felt such a high
Than the moment I said goodbye
To everything in my life
Then dug me into the pile
But lightning struck me out of denial
And now I'm...

Repeat

Just let go
Just let go
Just let go

Andyb

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »
Really good little pop song there. I don't have much to add constructively, its been well produced, good instrumentation, dynamics and arrangement. If anything for a radio friendly pop song it's maybe a little long and it could do with a little "oomph" maybe a guitar in the chorus or something ? Good job though. Do you write these songs for yourself or for others to perform ?

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
Hi MUTRINS

Could you please read the guidelines about only being able to post one song every 2 weeks

You posted "I don't wanna fall in love" on the 21 March so it has only been just over a week

We all make mistakes and get carried away so it is not a major issue but you will find that your songs do not get many reviews if you do not follow the guidelines

The guidelines can be found here:
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2564.0

Thanks

Boydie
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
Really good little pop song there. I don't have much to add constructively, its been well produced, good instrumentation, dynamics and arrangement. If anything for a radio friendly pop song it's maybe a little long and it could do with a little "oomph" maybe a guitar in the chorus or something ? Good job though. Do you write these songs for yourself or for others to perform ?

Thank you so much! A guitar in the chorus might not be a bad idea. I'll keep that in mind.

I write them for myself or for others. Everything that I write is very much about my own experiences, but I'm always open to giving it to the right artist.

Thanks!
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
Hi MUTRINS

Could you please read the guidelines about only being able to post one song every 2 weeks

You posted "I don't wanna fall in love" on the 21 March so it has only been just over a week

We all make mistakes and get carried away so it is not a major issue but you will find that your songs do not get many reviews if you do not follow the guidelines

The guidelines can be found here:
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2564.0

Thanks

Boydie

Hey Boydie,

Sorry about that. I honestly thought it had been two weeks since my last posting. I should have double checked. I also pump songs out pretty quickly and get a bit over excited I think :/

Micky

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »
Really nice tune and lyrics mate. That's good work!

I did feel this one line was rushed

so maybe you could slightly reword this

but yeah, top notch song. Well done!!

Darren

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 12:52:58 AM »
Really nice tune and lyrics mate. That's good work!

I did feel this one line was rushed

so maybe you could slightly reword this

but yeah, top notch song. Well done!!

Darren

Thanks Darren! I appreciate the feedback. Hmm I'll take a listen with that in mind.

Thanks again!
Micky

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
Very catchy, very current pop, nice job.

I'm no expert when comes to this genre but I thought maybe the sound could do with being made a little wider, maybe pushing more instruments further out to the sides?

I notice you used LANDR to master this, how do you find the results of their service. I've been a bit dubious when it comes to automated mastering myself?

Yodasdad

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »
Love how modern this sounds. Great energy... There's all sorts of things here that would never occur to me...

I think Max Martin once said you should grab people in the first second and here it does take a little while to get going - I'd probably think about hitting them with the chorus right upfront. It's a great chorus. A bit long though - maybe "the pile" or "lightning struck me out of denial" was one rhyme too many? Also in that section the vocal needs to ride the backing a bit more...

I might hone the syllables here and there (agree with Darren that "kept me around for a while" seems like one too many?) but I think it's such a catchy and engaging song.

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:10:59 PM »
I enjoyed listening even though it is not my genre, the lyrics are really good, and the vocal is too, you have a really good voice for this style. overall a very good and commercial track

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 11:35:18 AM »
Very catchy, very current pop, nice job.

I'm no expert when comes to this genre but I thought maybe the sound could do with being made a little wider, maybe pushing more instruments further out to the sides?

I notice you used LANDR to master this, how do you find the results of their service. I've been a bit dubious when it comes to automated mastering myself?

Yodasdad

Thank you for your feedback!

I see what you're saying about the sound being made wider. I will eventually go back to work on this but it's mainly a demo so I'm not worried about 100% perfection at this point.

And I'm on the fence with LANDR...on one hand it does seem to make the sound a bit..fuller? But I also am not sure if all it's doing is making it louder. That's why I just get the free WAV for SoundCloud lol

Thanks again!
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »
Love how modern this sounds. Great energy... There's all sorts of things here that would never occur to me...

I think Max Martin once said you should grab people in the first second and here it does take a little while to get going - I'd probably think about hitting them with the chorus right upfront. It's a great chorus. A bit long though - maybe "the pile" or "lightning struck me out of denial" was one rhyme too many? Also in that section the vocal needs to ride the backing a bit more...

I might hone the syllables here and there (agree with Darren that "kept me around for a while" seems like one too many?) but I think it's such a catchy and engaging song.

Thank you!!

As far as lyrics and stuff it's really hard for me to change anything lol. Maybe im used to the flow of it, but I feel like the "kept me around for a while line" fits.

But all valid points you've made that I will take into consideration when going back in to work on this. Thanks for your feedback. Glad you liked the song!

Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 11:37:37 AM »
I enjoyed listening even though it is not my genre, the lyrics are really good, and the vocal is too, you have a really good voice for this style. overall a very good and commercial track

Thank you very much!