Hi!

• 5 Replies

And Co.

• Busker

Hi!

« on: March 19, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Luca and I come from Sicily. I'm 17 now, and I wrote my first lyric when I was 13 if I'm nit wrong, but it wasn't a good one  ;D . I'm very proud of some lyrics of mine, but I've a big problem: I don't have a good voice and I can't even play any instrument. I hate this cause according to a lot of people my lyrics are good, and not being able to sing or play them makes me so nervous. I already tried to learn to play guitar for a while, but I really can't, my fingers don't do what my brain wants  :-\ . Do you have any advice for me?
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:44:54 PM »
Hi and welcome,

Not being able to play an instrument is the not the barrier to making music that it once was. There's lots of technology that can help you out in that respect.

I'd have a dig around the different sections of the forum and see what other people are doing and get some ideas and tips.

Your voice may be better than you think, and again, technology can help you out.

There's also a collaboration section of the forum if you ultimately decide you need to work with someone else to make your lyrics a musical reality.

See you around.

Yodasdad

Mike67

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Luca. You have two options as I see it. Practice guitar or try another instrument, or try to collaborate with other musicians. There are lots of talented and experienced people on the site, and I'm sure someone will  be able to help. If you do want to learn guitar, you can google Justin Sandercoe, who has posted lots of free lessons online.

Mike

And Co.

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
Thanks a lot a guys, I'm going to watch Justin Sandercoe's video immediately, and I will also look for a collaboration here on the site. Thanks again  ;) .

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum

You will get lots of advice and guidance here, not only on learning an instrument but on your writing
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

And Co.

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum

You will get lots of advice and guidance here, not only on learning an instrument but on your writing

I am sure of it  ;D , I already red some posts and they were very helpful.