konalavadome

Hi Everyone!

• 6 Replies

mercury

• Busker
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:32:24 PM »
Hi everyone!

I have just joined this community and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to all you good people.

To be honest, I don't know if I am in the right place as I am not a singer or talented musician (apart from some basic self-taught piano playing, I can't play any instrument!), but I used to write alot of poetry when I was younger (I am now a ripe 37!), and lately have found myself wanting to return to my writing but this time I would like to do it in the form of song lyrics.  I live for music - it genuinely, hand on heart, is my life, and I just want to try my hand at the lyrical side of it.  Anyway, I hope I am in the right place, and I look forward to communicating with you all in the near future about everything musical.

Peace,

Paul.

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
Hey Paul!

Welcome to the forum! If getting back into writing is what you want to do, you've come to the right place! Everyone on this forum is really supportive, and give good advice and criticism. I can't wait to write more :)

If you're not so confident with your performances right now, you could have a listen to some peoples songs, find someone whos music appeals to you, and PM them and see if they'd like to collaborate with you?

Peter
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

mercury

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »
Thank you Peter for welcoming me.

Glad I seem to be in the right place!

I am looking forward to conversing with other like-minded souls, as no-one I know has any interest in anything remotely creative, and I think to speak to others who feel the same will help give me a much-needed kick up the backside with regards to writing.

My main obstacle at present is my lack of leisure time (as it is for most of us in this modern age!); I work long, long hours and never seem to find the time to sit down and write, but I will just have to start juggling my free time a bit better!

Anyway, cheers for the welcome.

Paul.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
Hi Paul

Welcome to the songwriter forum. You're definitely in the right place! You'll find all the members really helpful and friendly here, so why not dive right in?

Glad to have you with us

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

mercury

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:35:26 PM »
Thank you Tone.

I have just this afternoon started to navigate the site, and from what I've seen already you all seem like a good bunch.

Can I just ask what your song for dogs is about?  Only, because I am a big animal-lover and was just curious.

Anyway, cheers for the welcome.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »
Of course you can ask!

There's lots of info on the website http://songfordogs.org.uk but here's my capsule overview: :)
My wife runs a little dog rescue, and is always looking for great fundraising ideas. Anyway, being songwriters, the idea naturally presented itself to release one of our songs as a single to raise money for dogs on death row. We re-wrote the first song we ever wrote together, and were lucky enough to be approached by an animal-lover producer. Long story short, we have a single available for download on our site :)

You can listen by playing the video, but of course, we'd appreciate a donation of any amount (required for downloading)

New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

mercury

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
I will certainly take a look at your site, tone.

As I said, I am a big animal-lover and admire anyone that takes time out to do something for those without a voice.  So, much respect to you and your good wife.

Don't know if you have ever checked out Brian may's site - he has a charity called Save Me which is about promoting decent treatment for all animals.  He is very passionate about it and has done alot of hands on stuff.  Anyway, I won't go on about this as this is obviously a songwriter's site and not an animal charity! 

Cheers.  Paul.