konalavadome

Good to be aboard

• 4 Replies

nikcnet

• Busker
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »
Hi

My name is Nick and I am an avid fan of many types of music from across the ages ... genres ranging from rock, pop, folk - and artistic favourites including Elton John, Paul Simon, Adele, Beatles and Motown !

Many years ago I was in a songwriting partnership where I provided the lyrics and my partner the music and vocals. Although we were unsuccessful in getting anything used by an artiste or record company, the small flame of encouragement came from one rejection where my pal's vocals were cited as weak BUT the lyrics had strong commercial potential.. I should say this came from a record company and music producer who had a successful hit with a song that sounded remarkably like one my pal penned on his own. So, trust is an important issue for me

I have decided to resurrect my attempts at lyric writing with a songwriting partner and came across this Forum - so here I am. I like the candid approach taken by many contributors and hope I might find a partner with whom I can form a good working and friendly relationship.

It would be nice to have a successful song published but the main thing is to use the creative energy I have to good, enjoyable effect.

I look forward to sharing with you guys.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:53:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Nick! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Vicki

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:11:23 PM »
Welcome NICK

I am sure you will find many willing and able collaborators

I would suggest "playing the field" for a while and I am sure you will find the perfect partner  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
Hi Nick,

You've found the right place.

Look forward to hearing from you.

(You're not Bernie Taupin doing a bit of moonlighting are you?)

Yodasdad

Mike67

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
Welcome, Nick. Look forward to seeing and hopefully hearing your work. You've come
to a good place.

Mike