konalavadome

songwriting tips from me

• 5 Replies

victoriasmalley82

• Busker
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:04:41 PM »
hello all,im vicky and ive recently been driving myself crazy and getting frustrated because ive not been able to come up with a song that i think is good enough.ive been beating myself up about it and ive been feeling a bit down therefore i think that is really reflected on my creative flow.
so i stopped thinking about 'writing a great catchy pop song' and i listened to whats out at the moment on you tube and just enjoyed the music and really connected with the lyrics too and it put me in a good feeling place, then hey presto...out comes lyrics and melody so im a happy bunny.i just thought id share that with you all  ;D as i think your mood and the way you think can really affect your ability to write.so spread the joy keep smiling and success will be yours.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »
Hi Vicky

Welcome to our humble little forum! Glad you've found your creative voice once again. I hate getting writer's block!

Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
Hey Vicky. Glad to have you in the community.

Speaking of being inspired, your pic saying "Your voice DESERVES to be heard" just gave me a little confidence boost to record some vocals. Must be honest, singing is my shyest suit.

If you wanna have fun, get yourself a stop watch and give yourself an hour to write an entire song. It can be about anything. You'll find your alot less outcome dependant, and you never know, you might like some of the ideas you make and polish them up into something better!

Peter
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

victoriasmalley82

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
thank you for the warm welcome  ;D its nice to interact with others with the same passion as me.
I LIKE THE CHALLENGE YOU HAVE SET ME!THANK YOU!i hope i can rise to it...im gonna give it a go soon,i seem to be writing most days at the moment, i leart a tip from a fellow songwriter to set a goal for yourself to write everyday,doesnt have to be a song structure just words,poems,ideas for songs even if its crap its creative crap haha!
I have actually just took my first step towards a collaboration with another member im excited to see what he can come up with.watch this space...

Jennibean

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Hi Vicky you are so 'write' I do right by writing everyday and each day I go back to the day before and tweak and fit in with stuff that I had written months ago and funny how the puzzle works out. Who knows what comes out - I surprise myself sometimes. All the best Jennibean

chrislong170273

• Open Mic
    • Chris Long: Composer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:23:54 PM »
yep, the key is time quite often,
had songs and musical pieces on the go for 12 months or more somtimes and then suddenly they click into place
www.chrislong.me.uk
@ChrisLongCOMP