looking for original material for Female performer

• 6 Replies

pope-stands

• Busker
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
Hi all I am trying to help out a friend to take her to a different level she basically does covers and I would like for her to try to get some original material to perform, so I am looking for help or advise etc

Kind regards

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:37:04 PM »
I would LOVE to help out as I am on the lookout for a female vocalist to work with

What kind of music does she like/want to sign?

If you have any recordings please Private Message me with a link

Thanks

Boydie
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 02:52:38 AM »
I have a ton of things that would suit a female singer.  Problem is, it would require a musician to straighten out my messy music.  The lyrics are usually good, and my vocal melodies seem to strike a chord.  But my music is inadequate.  As long as you had someone to fix and play, it could work IF THE SONGS ARE ATTRACTIVE TO YOUR SINGER. 

Of course, I would have to hear something from the singer to know what she is capable of too.  Some covers would be fine.  Not that I would say no to anyone, but it might influence which songs I'm willing ot let go of. 

For the right musician, and with the right song, I would completely let go of "creative control" even if it meant that my musical ideas are thrown out the window.  Even vocal melodies.  Some I'm really attached to, and some I'm not. 

Let me know if there is any interest.  You can listen at www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter.  Most of the best female songs are not on the site, but you/she can get an idea.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PENKSLYRICS

• Open Mic
    • Penkslyrics
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:01:46 AM »
Have several songs that would suit a female singer.
Covering different genres so if you could post an idea of what you're after, I can try and match something.

David_Gardiner

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
Does your friend want completed songs or is she happy to collaborate and turn lyrics into songs? I have been writing lyrics for a while and asking other people to provide the music. The main site I've been using is kompoz.com. I would be delighted if she wanted to sing one of mine, but it wouldn't be unique to her if there's already at least one performance of it out there.

I write mainly 'contemporary folk' or country songs. I'll give a couple of examples. Here is one that's complete:

https://soundcloud.com/david-gardiner-8/promises

and here's one that's just words:

Commerce

We all have to sing for our supper
We all have to settle the bill
We all have to take what life offers
If you don’t then someone else will.

It isn’t a question of planning
It isn’t a matter of choice
You sell what it is you’ve been given
Your body, your mind or your voice.

The doctor, the teacher, the soldier,
The reader of palms at the fair
The woman who empties the bed-pans
The wife of the fat millionaire

The family that works in the rice fields
The sentries who stand in the rain
The temptress who waits in the shadows
The man with the suit on the train

We all make a bargain with someone
We each have our stall and our wares
And you’ve got to be willing to haggle
And make the full round of the fairs

And nothing is given for nothing
And even the air isn’t free
And love is more costly than loathing
And nobody’s bidding for me.

If she likes that kind of thing I've got more, including a now-complete stage musical about growing up in Belfast during the beginning of the most recent round of 'Troubles'. My stuff isn't all serious, I've got a few comedy numbers as well.

If your friend is interested just get her to drop me a line at sirat (at) davidgardiner.net

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
It would be handy to know if this person is responding to others via private messages, OR if he/she has just posted and disappeared. 

If I/we have been listened to and rejected, that tells us something important.  If this person has simply disappeared after asking for responses, then I/we can just write it off as a "post and run" and not consider not hearing anything as a negative critique. 

We all want to know if our work reaches people.  That's why we are here.  Please let us know if any of you have been contacted.  It really would help. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.