Slightly belated hello

• 3 Replies

Mike67

« on: March 02, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
I've been a member for a couple of weeks now, but thought I'd better introduce myself properly.

I started writing lyrics, when I started learning guitar five or six years ago.  Like many others, I spent more time writing than practicing, but ended up writing some lyrics for my guitar teacher, who was working on his first album at the time, and I've been writing lyrics in fits and starts ever since.  However, I'm now trying to write my own songs, which is a completely different kettle of fish, and so here I am.

Although I'm still only a few steps into it, I'm really enjoying the journey, but the words are really my thing.  So, if anyone's interested in collaborating, happy to have a go at anything.

Mike

JonDavies

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
Sup

I've seen you're good with the words

Look forward to hearing/reading your stuff

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »
Hi Mike

There are so many disciplines involved, from lyrics, instrument playing, maybe singing, arranging, working a DAW, mixing, production and of course writing complete songs. I have found my main interest has changed many times over the years, and is currently mixing and production, but that's the beauty in that there is so much to it!

Welcome

Bill

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »

Hello again Mike,
      Already sampled your work, much to admire. Welcome aboard, i can see you will be a valued member of the crew.

Vintage54