konalavadome

Shocking Misinterpretations of Songs / Titles?

• 2 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:02:55 PM »
I don't really show my music to anyone really outside of the forum, only you guys seem to put up with it.

I screenshotted a feedback given on my latest song "Wait Until They're Older" to show someone to have a laugh about (I love the ones which leave people in shock, for better or worse and like to show them people who haven't heard the song just to make them wonder).

Anyway, the title was caught in the screenshot and they instantly gave me a funny look and started awkwardly laughing, assuming the song was about waiting for different reasons...

I thought they were just being weird, but err, am I wrong?

Did any of you stumble across the title and have a sinister impression?

And have any of you guys had any similar unfortunate misinterpretations for your songs?

Cheers,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:40:35 PM by ScottLevi »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
When I looked at your song, I formed no opinion about the title until I read the lyric. Then I took it to mean to wait to do whatever until the kids are older, because now they take up all your time. Or someone's time.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:29 PM »
Cheers Vicki, it could just be that person, or their perception of me (more worryingly aha) but they made it sound like it would be everyone's first impressions, so just hoping everyone's not just being too polite to mention!

Would be fun to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience with there songs too, plenty of good songs have room for ambiguity - but to be shocked like that..