konalavadome

"Fifty-One, Forty-Nine"

• 5 Replies

GuitarArt1980

• Open Mic
    • Shapes & Faces
« on: February 22, 2017, 07:54:43 PM »
Here's the 2nd track from my debut EP - 'Kiro Skiro'. Please take a listen and let me know what you think!

http://kiroskiro.bandcamp.com/track/fifty-one-forty-nine

Am I here?
Am I frightened?
Am I halfway enlightened?
They don't want what I am hiding
They don't want what I see in my dreams

I walk in and out of my own scenes
I walk in and out of my given sight

Waiting for...

And I fell into a new cycle
And I followed 'round to a new fall

I walk in and out of my own scenes
I walk in and out of my given sight
Please like and share my band at www.facebook.com/shapesandfaces

Steng

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »
Yo GuitarArt,

I'm not known for my deep or lengthy lyrical content, so I shouldn't really be too critical here, they're a bit brief though  ;D I think you've had some bad dreams...and you don't want "them" to see? why not? what have you seen? I'm intrigued, please share.

Some nice guitar work here and there. Most of the backing track left me cold though. i think the timing needs a tweak and i hated the bass.

I think the song needs to go somewhere to keep me interested, it needs to go off track to an exciting place (maybe explain the dream with a new hook and different vibe) and then come back on track.

You have a great voice.

danproducerman

• Busker
    • www.facebook.com/danscholesproducer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
Mmmm reminds me of Ian Curtis/Joy Division duiring their darker moments of which there were many.

Quite disturbing but captivating in places, particularly like the hypnotic feel to it. My only issue is with the  overall lyrical arc...I'd like to know more about what it is you are referring to in your dreams and what "they" can't see.

But may be the ambiguity is what you were going for and if so fair play. Good luck with the EP!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
Hi,

Nicely produced track, I like the overall mix and blend of sounds. The only thing I didn't like was the stringy/synthy sound that comes in at 0:50. It sounds a bit out of place to me. The sound is fine but it's a bit staccato and computerised. Maybe a bit more processing/editing on this part.

I didn't have any issues with the song itself but if I'm being honest it didn't really grab me to the point where I would want to purchase. Probably just me personal taste.

Yodasdad

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »
Really like the intro and the break in the middle and there is some great guitar work. The verse could do with variation  ... reminds me of The Cure or Joy Division ( which is a good thing)

Thanks,

Kevin

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »
I loved the vibe you created during the opening section

A definite 80s feel but not in a "cheesey" way - I loved it

The only thing I didn't like was the stringy/synthy sound that comes in at 0:50. It sounds a bit out of place to me.

I couldn't agree more with this - I would just remove this sound completely from the song - it isn't really adding anything as it copies the melody - and if anything it is getting in the way of the vocal

The screechy string effect is fantastic

The introduction of the loop at 1.57 is perfectly timed as the track felt it needed to go somewhere - and it did  ;D

Loved it!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic