I Should Have Loved You More

• 25 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 03:23:58 AM »
I listened to the revised version.

The result reminds me of a video of a master class by Pat Pattison I watched once. The songwriter played her song. Pat suggested some seemingly minor changes. She incorporated them. There was not a big difference in what she did, but it resulted in an amazing improvement to the song.

The same things applies here. No super big changes, but a definite transformation to the song. Now it just needs to be picked up by a big label and spread around the world. :D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »
WOW< Yoda! :o I just listened to the new version, and I think it sounds amazing :o I haven't had a chance to listen to the first one, so can't compare, but man I love this track :) it sounds very professional and radio friendly to me  :) Really good vocals and the perfect backing track to support them  :) get this out there  :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »
The tweaks work great. Maybe some harmonies now?  :D

Man I could listen to your voice all day. A beautiful song well sung.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
excellent, the force is most definitely with you !

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 04:25:49 PM »
Beautiful heart-felt lyrics.  I relate to the lyric of this song song so much.  The reference to the new car in the  yard and well wishes that a new man treats your old partner well.  A song that carries a message this strong breaks my heart all over again.  A magnificent song to pull at the heart stings. Kudos to you my friend!

Paul
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:27:53 PM by Wicked Deeds »

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »
Hi,
I really like the tune, its got that classic bittersweet piano ballad, i could hear Dame Gary Barlow doing it on Saturday night TV! 
Whilst it doesn't cover new ground, I love some of the lines -  'there's a new car in the yard, I guess we both know what it means'
Middle section provides a neat contrast too.
Catchy
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »
I really liked this - great job

I was a little worried at the start as with the "piano & vocal" as it was feeling a little similar in performance and sentiment to Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man"

However, when the "band" came in it got a whole lot better IMHO - I wonder whether bringing this in sooner would be a good plan?

I liked the "oboe organ"

The lead vocal sounds a little "over processed" for the song - a little less reverb and "presence" on the vocal would give a much more natural sound and sit it in the track

As the reverb is vastly different from everything else it "detaches" the vocal from the rest of the song

The backing vocals are perfect though

The flow of the melody & lyric was excellent and this is a great song
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Moomond

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »
A lot of good things. I listened to the new version first, then a few bits of the old one so I could see the changes you'd made. Definite improvements. I like the echoed vocal and tinkly bits at the end of the bridge especially.

I was less fond of the wah-ish guitar on the outro, and I can't say the lyrics did a lot for me - they reminded me too much of too many other pop songs I'd heard. Although you might view that as a positive if you're hoping to reach a broad audience!

Your vocal is very good, and you've balanced your instrumentation very well throughout (particularly like the oboe-thing). Would sound not at all out of place on a pop radio station.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
I really enjoyed the music. Good melodic hook in the title  ;)
Good writing Yodasdad........Good stuff!
                                                                        -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 09:57:15 PM »
Thanks very much for all your comments and advice people.

Skub, no ones said they like my voice before and that is a lesson on why you should continue with your daw learning.  Without mine I would sound like a cat with a firework up its backside.

Boydie thanks, interestingly, the first line was originally 'I should have bought you flowers'. I'm not particularly familiar with the Bruno Mars song but I had obviously subconsciously absorbed it at some point. I was very annoyed with myself when I realised.

Caliamoko, glad you approve, thanks for the advice.

Crystalsuzy, thanks a lot glad you enjoyed it.

Wish I had time to respond to the rest of you but I appreciate all your comments.

Thanks

Yodasdad

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 12:26:04 AM »
Hi,

I love melody and this is just superb...it's just a great song as simple as that!!

There's been a few comparisons to well known artists so, if we're on the subject, Daniel Powter springs to my mind but why compare

This is just fab on its own

Great work

Phil

https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?