You don't want to know

• 33 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 12:22:31 AM »
Hi Jamie
Really liked this one - I'm hearing shades of Yes in your vocals and I wouldn't advice singing in a lower key. Nice harmonies too. I wasn't sure if I liked the fret noise, but then it became like fingernails on the chalkboard which adds to the eerie effect. You could even accentuate it if you wanted too :)
No nits from me - rock on!
Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 07:17:03 AM »
This is great Jamie. Love the acoustic intro and the acoustic sounding bass riff which is an absolute killer. I love the acoustic scratch sounds that you have retained. This reminds me a lot of Radiohead. Vocals are fragile sounding yet emotional. Great key change for the M8 section  :) Second guitar solo - Wah !!!

Can't praise this enough, really different and inspiring

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »
Hey Jamie,

I'm getting to this one a bit late, but better late than never. There's just so much great music being posted so often, I simply can't keep up.

I wanted to weigh in briefly.... I'm not one to speak to production, so I'll ignore all that stuff. I think your lyric is brilliant. I wouldn't change anything there. You have a couple spots I might have sung slightly differently to move the strong syllables more solidly onto strong beats, but there's only a couple and they don't stick out, probably, for anyone but me.

I noted the difference of opinions regarding the range you chose for the vocal. I like it just as it is. Your voice works so well in those upper ranges; it sounds like you could just go up forever. And my personal opinion is that it works well for the song; it helps the eerie feel.

That's all I have. Great work!

Vicki

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 06:35:42 PM »
this has an unusual movement about it... baroque ?

it could be really interesting performed by an orchestra actually. 

its also quite nice as presented here.  nice job.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 09:52:43 PM »
Hi Paul, thanks for listening. I've been compared to Jon Anderson before which is of course a huge plus! I'm glad you like the vocals pushed to the higher end of my range :P! I don't know how to take fret noise out of acoustic guitars?! What do I need to do?
Cheers Paul!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:05 PM »
Hi John, great comments thanks. I so pleased you mentioned Radiohead they are my favourite band and to be mentioned  in the same sentence is cool! Pleased you noticed the key change in the bridge, it's subtle but effective imho!
Cheers John,love your inspirational comments!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »
Hi Vicki, you are so meticulous in your thinking on lyrics that makes me delighted you made such cool comments about the words in this song. I must be doing something right! Thanks for your kind comments about the vocals, seems they're not for everyone, but that's cool too!
Thanks for listening!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
Hi M, I don't know if it's baroque, although I often think that the best songs have elements of classical thinking in them. I might try to do a classical styled version for fun!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks for listening
Jamie

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 10:11:26 PM »
Yes. Sooooo dark :) But, like lindt 70% cocoa chocolate, i think I like it. Harmonies beautiful, really powerful story telling with the lyrics but also with the guitars painting the picture without words. Haunting and clear vocals, almost innocent sounding - or you wouldn't get away with them i think.:)
A wickedly good, atmospheric and creepy track. I know this was what you were after, so nicely done!  :D
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 09:24:24 PM »
Jamie,
great intro, love it when the bass and drums kick in too.
Vocals sound great, best i've heard.
When the electrics kick in a bit and i'm getting a bit of Floyd - not Keith that is.
Then you get the harmonies vocals and smart melody, more traditional jamie
Solo flies too and then a second pair of guitars  great tone
Lots to like here to.
Classy
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
I like the start of the song (intro) with the guitar to me that was well done. melody sounds good, song to me sounds a little back in date maybe 60's 70's but interesting. Over all I would say it was the lyric that stand out the must.
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
Hi Caz, wickedly good! I like it! Yes that is what I was aiming for, and yes I am innocent, that's why I get away with it :o. Glad you enjoyed the guitar tones too! Dark is good :o
Thanks for listening
Cheers
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »
Hi Neil, thanks for listening!

Cool comments, thanks. I like a bit of Keith floyd too, where's that bottle of wine :P. I was pleased with the sound of the instruments in this song, I think it's one of my best from the point of view of the sounds suiting the feel of the song ;D. Liking the traditional Jamie comment  8).
Cheers!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »
Hi Irwin, glad you enjoyed the lyrics that areas always a challenge for me.glad you enjoyed the guitar intro too!
Thanks for listening!
Cheers
Jamie

JonDavies

• Open Mic
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »
Amazingly haunting - I agree with previous comments there's a The Wall vibe about

Amazing bass

Can't fault it