konalavadome

Use It

• 29 Replies

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
Sounds like you've got the move to Logic sorted!  Good sound, well recorded - especially your "do rightly" bassline!  :)  And I always love a great guitar riff.  Nice chord at the end. :)

I agree the clean guitar could do with being dirtied up a bit, but that's just my personal taste.

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
Skub the rocker?!?!! Who would've thought?!!  ;D

Can't help it, but I always think of Roy Orbinson when I hear you sing. I do.

I totally dig the song and lyrics, a classic rock tune, but I must admit the solo knocked me out cold. It also made me happy. Took me back to the guitar hero days of old, super cool!!!

Your DAW learning experience is unfolding rapidly I can hear.

Great stuff!  :D

Peter

GuitarArt1980

• Open Mic
    • Shapes & Faces
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 11:03:53 PM »
I dig it! Feels tight and loose at the same time. Kind of a Travelling Wilburys vibe. A+ on all instruments. The mixing and reverb are very tasteful/subtle. Good track!
Please like and share my band at www.facebook.com/shapesandfaces

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
Great stuff, great guitars and such a smooooth bassline. Enjoying it!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
Jamie

Ha,thanks Jamie,the daw thing gets easier to use after a thousand hours wasted.  :D

CaliaMoko

Folky? Ok then Vicki,what you hear is what you hear!  :D I was greatly influenced by bands like Wishbone Ash that have a strong folk theme running through their music,so you may be right!

ScottLevi

Ta Scott,I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :)

Moomond

Thanks Moo,I guess there is no escaping one's era!  ;D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »
Hey Skub
Quality guitar intro.  Love that you have returned to your rocky roots.  At times the vocal delivery reminds  me of Clapton but there are so many other influences here too.  The solo sounds great.  The song does exactly what's it says it does on the tin.  It's enjoyable and accessible from the beginning to end. The guitars are so effective when the bass drops out a the end a super clear! That finishing chord sounds great!   I really enjoyed this!

Thanks

Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 03:00:11 AM »
Very cool to hear something along your 'rockier roots' side Skub :) I totally enjoyed every minute
of this song :)
Love the guitar intro and solo, and I love it when it slows down at the end, to match the lyrics :)
Well done on your DAW! You're learning curve is amazingly fast  :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 02:14:02 AM »
Well I saw the pic on soundcloud, heard the intro and thought, grow that beard a bit more and we've got another Seasick Steve here...

But then it went down a slightly softer, more country rock route. Great sound and well written.

Production is good imho, you are learning much grasshopper, just don't go too far down the rabbit hole of logic....

Yodasdad

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
TimCurtis

I know what you mean about giving the guitar some hair,I'm a fussy bugger for tone when playing live,but I'm struggling a bit to get a good dirty guitar sound in the daw. Everything sounded cheap and fizzy in the mix,so I ended up leaving it clean. Any tips for a good crunchy guitar tone are most welcome.

The S

Let me tell you this,young Peter,in my day I....rocked...blah..dribble...toot..The Orb you say? Man Roy had a voice for sure.  :)

GuitarArt1980

Tight AND loose..I think I know what you mean,thanks for listening man.  :)

adamfarr

I love it when I get compliments on my 'reserve team' bass playing,thanks Adam.  :D

JonDavies

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »
Sounds brilliant - got a really nice warm tone in the guitar there

Maybe try reducing the reverb on the vocals just to see if it sounds better but it might not

I love that ending chord

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »
Great message - and the excellent lyrics were exactly what i needed to hear when i had my first listen.
I don't really play guitar so really can't comment other than to say it rocked :) Really liked the relaxed vibe to this, perfectly matching your message. Just fab. :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »
scub,
Great intro then we skip into a easy rocking little tune with some nicely observed lyrics sung with a bit of experience. Getting a bit of clapton here. Then you open the throttle on the guitar and I'm i'm in awe. N'ff said.
Imagine it would go down a storm live.
Re preduction, all i can say i didn't notice anything :-) Going to have another listen.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
Wicked Deeds

Ta for the time to listen Paul.  :)
crystalsuzy

Thanks Suze.  :)

Yodasdad

Too late for the rabbit hole.  :o

JonDavies

Yeh,I like my 'verb,what can I say.  :D

Cazrolina

Ta for the listen Caz.  :)

Neil C

Cheers Neil.  :)

Steng

• Open Mic
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 09:37:08 PM »
Brill! Sounds really "live" - great guitar man, you can play, it sounds effortless. Love the ending. Just enough backing vocals. It all sounds authentic and analogue and real which is tough to pull off. No nits, it's cool.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2017, 04:04:49 PM »
Brill! Sounds really "live" - great guitar man, you can play, it sounds effortless. Love the ending. Just enough backing vocals. It all sounds authentic and analogue and real which is tough to pull off. No nits, it's cool.

Ta for the listen Steng.  :)