( new song ) IT

• 23 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:53 AM »
Your trademark wall of sound Kevin which sounds great as usual.
Vocals, guitars, drums, synths all top notch.
The only nit I have is the opening line of the lyrics - just seemed like it could be more unique - but what do I know?

You should have a CD of this stuff - where can I grab one?
Paul

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 09:04:08 PM »
Great 1 minute intro stetting the scene.
Super drums drive the whole thing along with a kind of updated Zep feel to it, and great solo.
Perhaps could do with some bv's?
:)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Cool intro.
The synth works well with the guitars.
I thought the drums could be a little louder maybe.
Very good guitar work.
The vocal sounded good.

Digger

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »
I'll ditto the comments on the intro...totally sets the song up for an intense trip :o I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what was to come :o Great backing track and vocals throughout, although I
I thought the vocals could have come in with a little more punch, just to suit the intensity of the intro :o
Awesome solo and excellent production, Kevin :)

Steng

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »
Very slick sound. Not my usual genre of choice TBH, but can't fault the professionalism of the overall piece. I thought the drums could be a bit more punchy. I loved the guitar break at the end, great sound on that guitar.

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
Hi Kevin

Really love the instrumentation here. It creates a really big stadium sound and the guitar work throughout was excellent.

Though I really like the melody of the vocal parts, I felt a more defined chorus could add to the song. I hate suggesting that when you have clearly put so much work into it. Im the only one who has suggested it so dont take me too seriously!

I liked the backing vocals. I found myself singing backing vocals where there were none. I guess I just wanted more of them.

James

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 08:24:13 AM »
Wonderful melodies and blend of guitar and synths. What a great song - I love the intro and the stop/start rhythms. Bit more punch on the kick could help drive it along even more, but tbh, I'm really am nit-picking. Really enjoy listening to your music Kevin even though (or perhaps because!) it's not the style of music I habitually listen to.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 11:05:54 PM »
Big sound, very well done. It's a long way from what I do so I can't really offer any critique of value - but it all sounds very clever and complex to me. The intro was a tad long for me (but I'm no doubt the exception) and I felt the bass was a bit staccato (I love a swinging jazz bass) but as already said, I'm coming from a very different place. Nice to hear a good solo. Good work all round!
West Country Country Boy

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 04:14:07 PM »
A deep thank you to all who listened and commented....your all so kind. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!