konalavadome

Drum vst

• 4 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
I expect most of you have already got your drum solutions sorted. I haven't yet but I came across this offer. Tony Coleman drums from Sonivox

The reviews are not bad and it's very cheap - £17.99. I might just stretch to this!

https://hiamusic.store/collections/sonivox/products/tonydrums

As I'm into Jazz, Blues, R&B (old) etc it might suit me.

Anybody got any knowledge of it?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »
Seems like a bargain - is there a demo version?
The only limitation I can see is there seems to be only one drum kit.
I'm using Steve Slate Drums - they were about $100 on sale and came with 12 kits.
One kit might be a bit limiting IMHO

Paul

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
Yes....I see that now. There are blues kit, jazz kit presets etc but it must just be the same kit tweaked somehow. There is a brush kit however which would be good.

There is a trial version and I am just trying it as of today but with my ears that's not a lot of help.
I just idly wondered if anyone who has good ears and knows the vst would recommend it. Bit of a long shot.
I know it's very cheap but I am also very broke. If we have a good day at the market tomorrow.......
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
Hi,

This is free and comes with lots of midi drum loops ready to go. Its a must, I use it a lot,

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/download76187.php

Or if you want splash some cash, EX drummer or Superior dummer, SD drums is my go to.

Cheers
Andy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:31:22 PM »
Yes I've got this and it is excellent I think. The sound isn't bad and I've used those midi loops a lot...usually tweak a bit but they're good anyway. Not the drum sound I'm always after though.

By the way I never really got to test that Sonivox thing much.....not enough time...but I wouldn't go for it..it was eating up my CPU too much!

I'd love to splash some cash on EZ or Superior Drummer but I'm only trickling in that department at the moment.

I love DrumDrops loops and am going to snap one of those up cos I've got a few slow 12/8 bluesy/soul numbers in the offing and they've got a good one - should do me for a few songs....
Take it easy.