COME WITH ME

• 42 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
You don't know if it works!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? WHAT ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT!!! this is fab..
works on every level, well done with the excellent harmonies...

Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »
Hi CS, love the close harmonies, very reminiscent of the Beatles Abbey road harmonies on sun king, because etc! Must have taken forever to record  :o. The trumpet gave it a very mellow '60's sound.Hope you are firing on all cylinders soon!
Great sound!
Cheers
Jamie

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »
I pretty much love anything that calls to my mind the beautiful close harmonies of the 1930s and 1940s. The Andrews Sisters come to mind, for example. But this piece has a nice modern touch with the spoken bits against the vocal harmonic background.

I have no nits with the song itself. On the production side, I'd like to hear the harmonies being tighter with each other. However, as Mono Stone mentioned, the imperfections have a charm of their own.

Nice one!

Vicki
thanks so much for your kind review, Vicki  :) I love harmonies as well...obviously  :)
I know they need some work to tighten them up, and will get to it asap :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 12:52:21 PM »
Oh how I'd love to live in your world Suzy, and I don't mean that in a condescending way.

Your head must be a magical place, full of marshmallows and kaleidoscopes and helter skelters and magic carpets and glitter and....

I just can't imagine coming up with anything like this.

It is loooong but you paint a lovely picture as you go along. A beautiful blend of sounds and harmonies.

If I was going to try to cut this down, I'd look at the parts that are kind of redundant first. I think you could halve the length of the intro for example and no one would think anything of it if they hadn't heard the original.

Yodasdad

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »
This is a really good one - the light and shade and different sections and different instruments really lend themselves to the journey.

You have your signature sound and there is no mistaking a CrystalSuzy song. Your use of harmonies is definitely something to study and learn from for me.

I found the lyrics worked really well - the only thing I might think about doing differently is the "limited physical box" line. For me that sounded a bit too direct and I think leaving that part a little more open to different interpretations as I think you do through the rest of the song might be a good thing.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 10:34:03 AM »
Beautiful. Took me to a very happy place.  I'm ascending into a dream whilst slipping into a wonderful warm sea for a moonlit dip ;) So refreshing yet somehow cleansing and comforting at the same time. Reeeally Loved it :) You could totally leave this as is, or add just a touch of soft bass drum and one other simple percussion sound - either would be amazing. Fab work!

Thanks so much for your kind review Cazrolina :) I love your description, of your experience, while listening to this song :) it's almost a song in itself 8) I'm so glad that you got into it  :)

Moomond

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »
Delightful. The vocal harmonies with the horn, the melodies: it's been said, so I won't go on, but wonderful.

Nitpick: I think the spoken word sections (which I love) may come in slightly too loud, especially at around 4:40.

It is a bit long as an active listen, but it's obviously more of a pleasantly ambient background type of song, so I wouldn't worry overmuch.

A little bass definitely wouldn't hurt.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »
:) Wonderful indeed, what a spectacle!

Love the patience, it doesn't drag out and it doesn't rush, but simply takes us on a lovely journey and its so comforting.

Great mix of instruments and vocals - some of the spoken bits don't quite work for me personally to be completely honest (over the vocals) but overall this feels really special and Ilk be back to listen plenty.

All the best,
Scott

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 09:15:09 PM »
CS,
Missed your unique talent. Had a great listen, it was like having a lovely restful spar bath, and boy does my body need it. Vocals sound really clear and confident, brilliant. both solo and massed.
Love the tumpet too.
These all sound like lots of work to me.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »
Nicely done crystalsuzy, very very interesting slow, comforting, very easy to listen to. the talent that you have it is just awesome! keep on posting these songs my friend.

Irwin
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
Hi Suzy,

The first thing that grabbed me here were the wonderful harmonies. Touches of Abbey Road and some Pink Floyd thrown in. Love the French Horn. There are some very interesting harmonies going on here for sure. Of course your songs wouldn't be the same without some talking thrown in (which is great BTW)

What an amazing, dreamy and laid back song - Love it  :)
thanks so much John :) I like who it reminded you of :) Thanks for the thumps up on the harmonies. It was quite a challenge to do that many tracks, and I know there's still some tightening up that needs to be done, but it was a good exercise ::) That's me playing a trumpet, but interestingly, I played the french horn in school ;D I can't seem to help myself with the spoken stuff  ;D ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:13 AM »
This has a trippy 60s vibe (agree with the comment on early Pink Floyd) that is really engaging.

I would shorten ( cut part of the intro and a verse or two) plus consider taking the harmonies off some of the verses. Having said that, really enjoyed it as is!

Kevin
Thanks for listening Kevin and I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I might try doing a shorter version of this, cause I know what you mean about it being a little long ;)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
Hi Suzy.  Sorry to hear you've been ill - hope you're on the mend.

Really loved this one - the lyrics are spot on for me and suit the guitar.  All augmented by the wonderful backing - Sgt Pepper meets Dark Side of the Moon as has been said. Love the intro - the way the vocals come in over the guitar.  The spoken bit sounds a bit like a passenger announcement over the PA system of the ship.  It's length isn't a problem at all - it seems to keep going apace and is a good listen right to the end.  Wonderful, laid back, dreaminess. :)
thanks for your very kind comments, and your well wishes Tim :) I like the analogy of the spoken bits :)
I'm glad you didn't find it too long, and that it kept you engaged until the end :) :)

Mike67

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »
Happy, trippy, sun-kissed, joyful, qwerky and the harmonies and horn are great. Be careful with the mixing and production that you don't lose the song's inherent charm.

Mike

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »
yes, the harmonies always get me
wish I could do it
lovely stuff
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly