konalavadome

Midnight Angel Kiss

• 38 Replies

GuitarArt1980

• Open Mic
    • Shapes & Faces
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
I'll echo what's been said about the production quality, but the song itself and performances are very solid. I think adding a little something like a tambourine and maybe even a bass guitar would do wonders for this.

Overall, any negatives I have are based on the production quality, not the song. In other words - If this is the demo, I'd love to hear the studio version.
Please like and share my band at www.facebook.com/shapesandfaces

LAquila

• Busker
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
Thanks mate. I'd love to get a studio version up but I can't see that happening soon.

I'm learning the rigours of the DAW I'm using now (Mixcraft 8, upgrading from Audacity which I used for the first few takes of this) and am making slow but steady progress.

I just bought a new mic and hopefully that will improve the sound on future recordings. But, in the words of some of my fellow Aussie rockers, it's a long way to the top :)

cheers,
L

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 07:39:49 AM »
Just listened again and it's a big imptovement!! well done, regarding the reverb, I am a fan of reverb..just love it!!
the reverb you are using seems to make things sound a bit boxy...try a hi pass filter on the reverb to lighten it a bit,

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

LAquila

• Busker
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »
I've downloaded a high pass filter and applied it to the song. It does sound a little better.

Thanks, Kevin. See how much you've taught me in a few short weeks?

cheers,
L

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »
I've downloaded a high pass filter and applied it to the song. It does sound a little better.

Thanks, Kevin. See how much you've taught me in a few short weeks?

cheers,
L

anytime mate :) :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »
I'm listening to the modified version. I would echo what others have said - it's a strong song and I think it's well played and sung but it needs something else in the arrangement and production needs work. I was in your position 4 years ago and it is a steep learning curve. This forum has a vast resource of knowledgeable people who are happy to help. Don't be afraid to ask.

M

Daffodils

• Busker
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
I like this guitar song a great deal. The song is pretty catchy and has a dreamy atmosphere. Very good.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
Hello,

The songwriter is there.  This gives of a similar vibe to 'California dreamin' ' and so I would suggest a similar treatment with production if you decide to develop this further.  As a song , it lacks a contrasting middle 8 to contrast with the very strong melodic ideas presented.  At the moment, the reverb doesn't allow the song to be admired in all of it's beauty.  However, that will come eventually. 

Cheers

Paul

Mike67

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum - I'm new here myself.  I'm with you on the production side, and I'm struggling to realise the songs that I can hear in my head.  This is a good song though, with a great melody and lyrics.  Keep at it, and you'll get there.  You've come to the right place in my opinion.

Mike