konalavadome

The Hardest Part Of Lonely

• 34 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:21 AM »
Just brilliant. Perfect as it is - great lyrics, super singing and a fine melody. Sublime touch on the guitar. What's not to like?

I've said this before - I'd buy the album!

Derek

Thanks Derek....your comments are very flattering...thanks. My recordings are dull and really lack the luster of those who actually know what they're doing. I love writing and performing....I don't care too much for the recording end of things.

Excellent guitar work - just wish I was so dexterous!  I can totally relate to the lyrics - looking back with a rose tint.  Although having said that, I'm enjoying life now far more than I remember doing so in my 20s!

A fine, sad song. :)

Thanks Tim. My 20's were great......in fact, I have found joy in every period I have entered and left. Pretty cool. Thanks!

The lyric is my favorite part, but the finger picking isn't far behind! I think you have one extra word, though. In this line: Remembering the past glories. Try it without "the" in it. Could be just me, but it sounded a little, umm, having trouble coming up with the right word but, somehow out of sync? Bumpy? Slightly awkward? Of course, I have a very bad cold, so my ears are suspect.

That's all I have.

Vicki

Thanks Vicki............ ;D

Tom!

There's some great songwriting going on right now from your part.

I absolutely love this, sure it's not hard for me to do since the song have everything I could ever wish for but still. The lyrics are...beautiful, simple yet complex without ever loosing meaning and depth. I so wish I'll be able to write as good one day myself.

On to the guitar, well, I truly dislike you for the fingerpicking (;)), it's you and that damn Delboy, why do you guys have to be able to play like that??? Not fair!  ;D Lovely fingerpicking and just right for this kind of song. Top notch!

The song itself is a great piece of art. Folk style at it's best.

I've got nothing but praise sir. Really really well done! Love it!

Peter

High praise from you Peter....your stuff is stellar, in my book. Thanks for stopping by.  ;D

Love the lyric on the refrain "The hardest part of lonely.."  I like the straightfowardness and rawness of the vocal. I can clearly hear the lyrics in a way that doesn't feel spoonfed. The gentle fadeout works really well too. Very nice.
Thanks GuitarArt1980.....I really appreciate it!

I am so jealous of these lyrics

There are no improvements I would make to this song, it's amazing

Wow....thanks, Jon!!

And thanks to all who have listened!!
                                                               -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
Hi Tom

That's the best lyric I've seen from you and the song delivers it perfectly.
Nice vocals and melody line too. For me I wanted some light bass and maybe a brush set tapping away but it stands up as a 1+1 too.

Enjoyed it muchos  ;D
Paul

Thanks Paul.... ;D

Tom,
Lovely.
Loved it - "no romance in lonely"
Great picking
 :)
neil

Hi Neil...I'm glad you got it....in the end, lonely didn't really work for me....givin' a choice  8)
Thanks for listening and commenting!

Very nice Tom, there's not much I can pick fault with here.

Lovely guitar work.

My main suggestion was going to be to drop the 'the' from remembering the past glories but I see Vicki's already beat me to it.

Well done.

Yodasdad.
Hi Yoda...good point.....thanks for listening and commenting....and, thanks for liking my song!

I loved this

The picking is great and the song/lyric and vocal all come together to support a wonderful song

I would LOVE to get you in a studio and record that lovely guitar playing and vocal properly!

Hi Boydie, thanks for listening and commenting. I would love to experience a studio. My recording experience is with barking dogs, honking geese, crowing cocks, cooing doves,  traffic (and their booming music), and all the wonderful life interruptions that my children and family bring.
Yea....a controlled enviorment...a studio sounds awesome. Musically, I'm a volcano on the verge of eruption....but, I have a job that promotes my creative energy, as well. Thank God!!
And thank you for your kind words.

And thanks to all who have listened!
                                                              -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
You really are the most beautiful acoustic guitar player. You sing in a wonderful low key and natural way. It's a great song, beautifully realised. If you released a CD of your material, I would be first in line. Envy is a terrible thing.......

M

Thanks Monty.....you are the best!.....made my day!  ;D
Thank you!

-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »
Hi Tom,

Love the intro to this track...some neat guitar picking!

The lyrics are excellent in this song...they sound super natural, which for me is the mark of well thought-out lyrics.

Fantastic job...really enjoyed it!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:39 AM »
Hi Tom,

Love the intro to this track...some neat guitar picking!

The lyrics are excellent in this song...they sound super- natural, which for me is the mark of well thought-out lyrics.

Fantastic job...really enjoyed it!

Thanks PT........great compliment, Thanks!! I appreciate it!

;D-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee