Fabulous February Song Of The Month Competition

• 20 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »
Now, listen up everybody as the February Song of the Month competition is something different and there is a fabulous prize for the winner.

First of all, the prize. The winner will receive a professionally recorded drum track recorded for the winning song.

The competition is geared towards those that are unable to record/create proper drum tracks - so all entries must be made in a way that will get the most out of the prize  - i.e. Songs with either no drums or songs with a basic beat that will be "embellished" and/or improved by a professionally recorded, live, drum track.

The company providing the prize is: http://www.righteousrecordings.com

“Righteous Recordings is an online service for songwriters and artists. Our professional musicians are readily equipped to record instrumental tracks for all of your music!  We are excited to introduce our services to all of you and give away a Professionally Recorded & Mixed Acoustic Drum Track to the Winner of the Competition!”

And in addition to this.... Boydie has also offered to mix and master the drum track with the winner's existing tracks to complete the song, making a total prize value of over £100

So basically - Write a song that would benefit from a live acoustic drum track added.

Members will then be able to vote for the most appropriate song (not necessarily the best) so that it can then get the full drum treatment - it would be great for someone that doesn't have the opportunity to get a song "produced" to win it.

This competition is open to all, and I will select a shortlist at the end of the month, however entrants must have shown some contribution to the forum so one post wonders will not be included.

Once I've provided the shortlist you can either vote on the thread I create or if you wish to be more discreet you can PM me  ;)

What a fabulous prize.....

Cheers

Pompeyjazz

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
That's an amazing prize  :o

A fab idea and a brilliant opportunity for some lucky so-and-so!

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »
Hi John

So, not a track that has been created with EZ Drummer/Addictive Drums/BFD3 etc? I guess not!

Great idea and a wonderful prize.

Cheers,
Bill

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »
must entries be brand new songs written in February '17?

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »
What a fantastic idea and opportunity!!! Love it!

I've been blessed in the past with having the opportunity to have real drums on my songs and it's just awesome. It takes a song to a whole new level. So with that said, since I've already experienced it, keep me off any shortlist thank you!!!! If I was ever to be considered for one that is. Just a heads up!  :D :D

Looking forward to voting on this one.

Great stuff. //Peter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 07:10:14 AM »

No - Usual Song Of the Month rules, although it's always great to hear something new

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
***** STOP PRESS *****

The prizes get even better.....

Boydie has also offered to mix and master the drum track with the winner's existing tracks to complete the song, making a total prize value of over £100

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »
That's quite a package. If this doesn't get people enthused (and importantly voting) then I don't know what will.

(Goes to replace own drum track with tacky loops and demaster everything on new song)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
(Goes to replace own drum track with tacky loops and demaster everything on new song)

Now That's cheating   ;)

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »

No - Usual Song Of the Month rules, although it's always great to hear something new

i don't think i qualify anyway, still a newbie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
This competition is open to all, and I will select a shortlist at the end of the month, however entrants must have shown some contribution to the forum so one post wonders will not be included.

John

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
huh, ok, cool.  i was thinking i read somewhere that you had to have 100 posts or something before you could enter competitions.  thanks

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »
Wow Pomps,comps with prizes and everything. Marvellous.

You'll be a hard act to follow for next month's host,I reckon you ought to do it every month.

That's settled then.  8)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »
Wow! Great prizes! That should bring out the entries!

I'd like to take this opportunity to disqualify myself, as I've "won" a mix and master, with percussion, from Boydie in the past and I think it would be awesome if someone new discovers how good he is.

I am looking forward to following the winning song to hear the "before" and "after" versions.

Vicki