Makin' Lemonade (collab with Skub)

• 48 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »
Very infectious vibe to this one guys :o Love the lyrics, and they're so well sung :) 
There's a lot of words to squeeze in there, and to get them synced together so well, must have been difficult  :o Love the guitar bits...real smooth :) Good luck with the grant Vicki  :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
Hi Vicky,

I'm loving that electric guitar work - perfectly judged. I've said it before but it's worth repeating - you have a real talent for melody and this is another example of your ability. Great vocal delivery as well. The sound effects at the end finished it off perfectly. A lovely, catchy summery song.

M

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »
Thank you to Neil C, crystalsuzy, and montydog, for your input. I have to admit this is one of my favorites of my own creations and it's so gratifying to read all the wonderful remarks by others. Every time I write something I like, I always wonder if I'll ever be able to do it again....  :-\

And I really have to mention (just in case I haven't already) what a wonderful job Skub did on this. He really made it sound fabulous...thank you so much, Davy!

Vicki

JoaquinAnton

• Busker
  • Spanish singer-songwriter based in Poland
    • Joaquin Anton
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »
Hi Vicky,

Brilliant song! Great lyrics and general song vibe.

I was about to comment to say that I'd love to see that recorded with more instruments but that was before I read the whole thread to discover the great job done by Skub!

Great work Vicky and Skub! Now the song is playing in my head :)

Cheers,
Joaquin