konalavadome

Torture me

• 21 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:04 AM »
Thanks for the feedback it's appreciated!

Hi Phil, lots of great comments, thanks! As I've said above raw vocals isn't part of my armoury :P,so I'll have to stick to contrast in my rockier songs!

Hi Skub, lots of good feedback, see my comments ref the mix! I'll take your cool song comment! You mention the construction which surprised me a little as I didn't think it was very different, ABACAB as Genesis would have said!

Cheers guys, it's always appreciated!
Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
Hi, as I said earlier, posted an early mix in a rush.Finally got round to pulling out the last mix ::). There were rightly some comments about the mix, I think this one is better. I note I also didn't post all the lyrics ::). That's what happens when you rush ???!
Doh!

Cheers
Jamie
https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/torture-me-v2

Mono Stone

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »
Good song!

I skimmed some comments... I like your soft voice against the hard music, it makes it more indie than ROCK, and I prefer that. Belting it out would seem too ordinary to me, although would make it sound more like the influences you list on SC.

I like everything about it ... good sound... My only critique is that your vocal volume drifts a bit at times, just for moments you get bit too quiet. I think it's partly due to the soft style or moving away from the mic, and you could easily fix it by automating the vocal level or maybe using a bit more compression on the vocal (which might add some intensity to the soft vocal too).

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »
Hi MS, thanks for listening! Like your indie comment. Btw they are not really my influences those are songs my covers band plays! My influences are the Beatles, Radiohead, David Bowie, king crimson,Peter Gabriel, etc etc, to name but a few! The technical comment you make about volume is valid, every day is a school day for me when it comes to recording, mixing and mastering, it's all complicated to me!
Cheers and thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!
Jamie

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:58 AM »
I'm liking this new approach - still very much your characteristic chord changes but the guitar is a great contrast to your voice. This is a good song and very nicely produced. I would have maybe put the vocals a little higher in the mix but that's a matter of taste. Nice harmonies as well.

M

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »
Good Tune - Retro - moves along nicely.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »
Hi Guys, thanks for listening!

Hi Allan, yes my last 3 songs have all been a bit of a departure, away from the keyboard ballad stuff and concentrating more on guitar led rock songs. There have been lots of really good comments so I may have to focus more on this type of stuff.......maybe ??? 8). Glad you enjoyed it and commented on the chord changes, if I have a thing, that may be it!

Hi morefrog, I played this to my covers band and they suggested we try it, so maybe it'll join our roster of retro rock stuff!glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers
Jamie