FAWM Songs 2017.. Post them here

• 69 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
Tina, sleep and withdrawal apart does anything happen beyond Feb, does all or part of the web site shut down?
My plan is to record the 8 or so songs that I've done live take videos properly in my home studio.
The problem I have is organisational avoid confusing the right song to lyricist, and not mixing  middled eights up and working out proper endings etc.
When you create so many songs in a short space of time they can merge, and you don't spend as much time fettling and learning them.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »
Neil i always get depressed after FAWM becos it is so intense & i get so high on it & the world seems totally dull & empty afterwards when i go back to a normal  life
anyway the site stays open all year till they wipe evrything off in Jan next year ready for FAWM 2018...
so if youve already posted a placeholder for any songs you havent finished (basically a title thats locked) then you can add the completed song after feb..or you can modify a song youve posted (but you cant post any new songs)...the only thing is probably no one will get to hear them bcos no one will know they are there  
obviously you can tell your collaborators they are there...but come March theres a great exodus & after March only a handful of diehards remain
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:23:19 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 07:54:50 PM »
well...i really enjoyed doing FAWM

it was very hard but really worthwhile and i'm really glad i went for it...i'd been pretty disillusioned with writing lately - so it was a bit of a make or break for me, really.

my voice fell apart halfway through...which knocked me out of my stride quite conclusively...but it wasn't much of a surprise...and i got it back after 5 days or so.

i think i wrote a couple of crocks and also a couple of decent tunes...with a couple of oddities that i'd probably never have done under normal circumstances...

i'm hoping to go through the songs gradually and try to knock them into better shape...there really isn't any time to work on them much beyond writing them and banging them down during the 28 days (in the wilderness)

i just got a lovely surprise when someone on FAWM (who i'm big fan of) recommended me as one of his favourite FAWMlings...that was nice...it's a lovely, positive community. i love the virtual anonymity of it too.

i'm finding it a bit of a struggle to get back into the forum...i think i enjoyed being more free to do stuff i might not have done here...perhaps i've inadvertently been letting the forum influence my writing (or indeed the lack of it)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
Give it time Paul,it's probably like coming back to a quiet country life after being in the city and hoovering Columbian marching powder up yer hooter every day!  :D

I'd be intrigued to hear how you thought the forum influenced your writing,I don't get that one.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2017, 02:43:47 AM »
I wonder whether I was subconsciously trying not to write what I thought the people who'd be listening/reviewing my songs wouldn't want to hear...the pressure of the 14 song/28 day deadline meant I just had to write anything I could think of...which was quite liberating, I think.

There's no scientific reasoning behind my thinking that...it's just a thought.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 02:50:17 AM »
...the pressure of the 14 song/28 day deadline meant I just had to write anything I could think of...
Reminds me of things I've read about writing exercises for writers. Something about just writing whatever comes to mind, regardless of what it is. Gets the juices flowing, or whatever. I like to write like that once in awhile (like the lyric I posted earlier today). I find I can sometimes, maybe often?, go back after doing the writing, analyze it, and discover it actually means something to me, something I wasn't aware of while I was writing it.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 05:35:26 PM »
I wonder whether I was subconsciously trying not to write what I thought the people who'd be listening/reviewing my songs wouldn't want to hear...the pressure of the 14 song/28 day deadline meant I just had to write anything I could think of...which was quite liberating, I think.

There's no scientific reasoning behind my thinking that...it's just a thought.

Yeh,maybe a point to ponder,Paul. I suppose in any situation,when you really push,that's when you find out things about yourself.

Every day's a school day.  :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
...the pressure of the 14 song/28 day deadline meant I just had to write anything I could think of...
Reminds me of things I've read about writing exercises for writers. Something about just writing whatever comes to mind, regardless of what it is. Gets the juices flowing, or whatever. I like to write like that once in awhile (like the lyric I posted earlier today). I find I can sometimes, maybe often?, go back after doing the writing, analyze it, and discover it actually means something to me, something I wasn't aware of while I was writing it.

I do that with lyrics,Vicki. It's funny how all those randomly jotted notions can flower into a song,when the time is right. When I have a subject,I'm on fire,I just scribble away like the mad thing I am,get it all down. Any old half imagined tripe is duly scribed. Then comes the editing process,which is much easier if you have a load of stuff,rather than staring at a blank page.

Katie Wilson

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »

I write like that all the time x

andersbjorksten

• Busker
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/andersbjorksten

Here is a link to my soundcloud. Hope you like it. Cheers!