• Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
ptcruiser1801: I Wish You Could Stay

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
neil c - too good for nashville

I can't possibly listen to all the songs in the manner that I should.
I pay most attention to melody, and lyrics first, and foremost. The music, secondly, and the performances lastly. The inspiration factor (that urge to pick up the guitar after a listen) is a frame on the picture I have of the song.

But I like Neil, and I like Neils song.....and so there it is!
                                                                          -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

LAquila

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »
digger72 - asphyxia

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 02:44:02 AM »
I know i've missed the boat, but had to vote for the song Asphyxia incase you're still counting... Awesome track. So beautiful, clever and twisted. AMAZING vocals too.
C
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »
Very, very hard decision.  So many to choose from!!!  Feel a bit exposed voting in public... but my vote goes for Pompeyjazz - Ain't Got Nothing. :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:14 AM »
For me, this format has serious flaws. The main problem is that there are too many songs for us to listen properly to them all. I have a lot of spare time but to plough through this many eligible entries is too time consuming. I don't like people knowing who I have voted for - this is a fundamental tenant of democracy - the vote has to be private.

This format doesn't work, I don't like it and I would hope that others would agree.
That's my 2 pence worth.

M

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 07:19:26 AM »
Ironknee - she’s in love

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 03:55:34 PM »
For me, this format has serious flaws. The main problem is that there are too many songs for us to listen properly to them all. I have a lot of spare time but to plough through this many eligible entries is too time consuming. I don't like people knowing who I have voted for - this is a fundamental tenant of democracy - the vote has to be private.

This format doesn't work, I don't like it and I would hope that others would agree.
That's my 2 pence worth.

M

I tend to agree. I havn't participated in previous competitions, but have you looked at allowing nominations (let's say up to 10) and then using something like SurveyMonkey to allow people to vote? (It's free and would also give the option of either simply making one selection or even rating all entries on a scale of, say, 1 to 10)?

Kevin

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 05:00:08 PM »
have you looked at allowing nominations (let's say up to 10) and then using something like SurveyMonkey to allow people to vote? (It's free and would also give the option of either simply making one selection or even rating all entries on a scale of, say, 1 to 10)?

Kevin

this is very sensible, kind of like peer review.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »

If i've missed any songs, or you have any questions, please DON'T ASK THEM ON THIS THREAD...message me or post them here instead, please...

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=12550.0

Could comments/complaints be aired there ^^^ instead, and this thread just be for VOTES, please?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:32:38 AM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
Iron knee- She's in love

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
Thanks very much for all the votes so far...there are still a couple of days left for anyone who wants to go through the ordeal  :D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:43 AM »
I think I'm generally a fairly affable member, but I seem to have ruffled a couple of feathers this month...so here is my own personal £0.00 worth...

I very much appreciate the 22 votes that were posted...I think that's 1 more than last month, which Vicki worked really hard to achieve...and 6 more than the 16 I got last January...whether that's seen as "working" or not is perhaps a matter of opinion. There were 52 finished songs to pick from...so a lot of non-voting song posters, as usual.

As for voting in public...the comments we post in reply to "finished songs" are in public and they tend to show how much we like/don't like something...so I don't personally see any reason to be particularly coy about it. Other opinions are available.

To address another criticism, I did try to make it clear that nobody was necessarily expected to listen to all of the songs...just to vote for the one they liked the most of the ones they heard.

I'll be honest, I was a little disappointed that my "one month only" way of doing things came in for some flak...I volunteered to host January SOTM if nobody else came forward...and then tried to take an opportunity to figure out why the voting turnout is so poor...perhaps PM'ing was too complicated, maybe the "wrong" songs were shortlisted, etc...

I did mention my plan for the competition in an earlier thread (subject to any objections) and I also ran the idea past site admin first.

I simply wanted to find a way to make more people feel more involved in the forum.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »
Hey Paul,

Don't worry yourself mate, you are a star and all applause from me on the experimenting.

Not the finished product imo but you've found out some interesting things which means we're a bit closer.

Nothing can be improved without a ruffling a few feathers on the way.

All the best,
Scott