konalavadome

Hello forum members new and old.

• 13 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: January 29, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
Some members  may recall that I used to contribute regularly to this forum. I note that there are now many new members and thought that I'd drop by to say hello to everyone. I haven't been here for such a long time - I've simply been busy living.

Songwriting has taken quite a back-seat in recent years. I occasionally record a sketch on my iPhone and and often omit to record anything.  I then look back on a collection of lyrics and wonder how did I play that song? I haven't produced for myself or anyone in such a long time but I still love music an maybe one day I will return to writing and production again.  In the meantime, I'm just being a little bit nosey, saying hi and wishing everyone well. 

Best wishes

Paul

Wicked Deeds

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »
Hey dude

Welcome home!!!!

I hope you find time to start writing, recording and posting songs again

Take it slowly and it would be great to have you contributing again
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »
Bloody hell! Hello! Really good to see you back on the boards Paul. Sorry to hear music's taken a back seat of late; it will return when the time is right I'm sure.

Hope your noseyness turns into a regular appearance :)

PS who are you calling old? ;)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »
Thanks Paul for your warm welcome.  I should really start to write once again.  I bought a new Mac mini and recording software several months ago but haven't used it yet.   Maybe the break has helped - it certainly has given me time to gather new life experiences to reflect upon, which, I should craft into songs.

I hope you are well my friend.

Hello tone,

It is brilliant to read your welcoming words.  Man, I really need something to kickstart the writing and  recording process.  It's almost seems like another chap wrote and produced everything I did before. Hopefully, I will find my way once again :-)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11:04 PM »
It will all come flooding back after you start

Starting is the hardest part (you can have that as a title to get you going if you want  ;D  ;))

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:54:32 PM »
Hi Paul

I'm one of the newer guys around here. It's such a brilliant positive place. I have already learned much from experienced ears giving me feedback. Also, Boydie is right - starting his hard, but equally once you are into the flow, the songs just keep on coming. That's my experience anyway!

Bill

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »
Hey a Bill,

I'm sure I'll start to write again soon.  I was on fire a few years ago.  Sometimes life throws a curve ball, as it did for me. At that time my creativity had to take a back seat.  I threw  myself into writing for a brief period about 2 years ago but I had to once again put my musical ambitions on hold. I don't think I'll ever give myself to music as I once did but I am looking forward to contributing to the forum once again. Hopefully I'll write one or two new song that I go on to produce.

Welcome my friend!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
Yes - more "Paul"s - that's what we need!!  ;D

Welcome back Paul - from what I remember of your talent - it should be sitting in the front seat so we can all see it better  ;D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Yes - more "Paul"s - that's what we need!!  ;D

Welcome back Paul - from what I remember of your talent - it should be sitting in the front seat so we can all see it better  ;D

Such a kind and generous thing to write Paulski.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:55:12 AM by Wicked Deeds »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:16 PM »
Yes - more "Paul"s - that's what we need!!  ;D

Welcome back Paul - from what I remember of your talent - it should be sitting in the front seat so we can all see it better  ;D

Such a kind and generous thing to write PUlski.

Thank you
It's true! My own bowl remains one of my favourite songs to this day. Self doubt is a bitch Paul - we all have to deal with it at some time or another, but just remember, nobody can make your music as well as you can. It's easy to forget that our job as musicians is to bring beauty into the world, and to bring people together, be that literally or figuratively. You're more than up to the task, so if fear or doubt is the reason you're not tuning up right now, you have my full permission to flip a table on that sucka. :D
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 01:52:02 AM »
Hey tone,

It's not really self doubt.  Writing is a well trodden path for me and I have learned so many different approaches that I can craft a song whether I have inspiration or not.  A song might start out quite average until something's magical happens to make it sparkle. I'm happy to say that I'm never really disappointed.  

It's no secret that my marriage of more than twenty years ended just over three years ago.  Prior to that, music was my life. I was settled and would seize the opportunity to write and record whenever possible.  I could write and produce at speed.  I threw myself into writing the most personal collection of songs immediately after the break up - I have a beautiful and sad 10 track album called 'The Jagged Coast' (all about the end of 26 year relationship- something that I never wanted). The album is in demo format - acoustic guitar and vocal only. It was always my intention to revisit it one day and fully produce the rough recordings that I  had started whilst staying with my sisters family.  I produced a  single track called 'Shipwrecked' then stored the full album of sketches onto a memory stick. I  then abandoned my love of songwriting, secured a new job - completely changed career and decided to truly live.  I wrote a collection of  lovely songs a year later for my new love (Broadband Movie, Liverpool One, Lost, Should Love Decide)  - so many that I forgot how to play them all as  I didn't notate anything.   I then stopped writing - kind of thought 'that's it' I don't need to do this anymore.  I worked hard,  looked after my children on my days off and travelled to my new partner who lives in the North West - I live in the North East.  We have had some wonderful times together and travelled to several wonderful places too.  There has been so little time to accomodate music. I am pleased that I have returned home to the forum again.  I have several new guitars and new recording equipment that I will  have to teach myself how to use. I have forgotten so much theory that was once second nature.  However, there is something inside that keeps telling me, I'm not quite finished and that I should write again. I believe that there is a beautiful album waiting to be written and hopefully,  I will write about many of my new experiences.

Despite buying a lovely new house, I haven't made it my home. I'm sure that's will happen when I eventually move to the North West to be with my partner. I've moved on so much. My partner and I were engaged last New Year's Eve.  The marriage break up, brought a multitude of changes.

Anyway, that's where I am re music and life.  I talked to nooms via email the other day. I've promised to write music for him to work his magic on.  I'd love to share our collaboration 'Hammersmith Bridge' and equally I'd love to share my composition 'The Angels Cried' - both written to the same piece of music.  

Thank you for making me feel so welcome and your kind words of support.

Paul
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:12:51 AM by Wicked Deeds »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
That is a truly bitter sweet story

I am glad things have turned around for you in such a turbulent 3 years - and I am looking forward to hearing these songs when you are ready

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:09:10 AM »

PAUL  ;D ;D ;D

How the devil are you old friend ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you've had a bit of a time of it.
 But glad that you've come through it and are
 getting back in the saddle. 

Nice to have one of the 'old guard' back amongst
 us. You and Nooms were the first to befriend me
 here, so it's your fault that all these good people
 have had to put up with me all these years  ;D ;D

Do you ever hear from Kaf ?

Really, really good to see you back mate  ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »
Cheers Boydie,  it certainly wasn't a dull time.  I met the most beautiful woman.  my children think that's Linda is great. She has a beautiful smile, and a wonderful sense of fun and a desire to be happy.   :)

Hey Bin, how are you my old friend?  I eventually travelled to Scotland to meet Kaf.  What a fantastic, hospitable gentleman he is.  We were always great forum buddies, emailing each other just about every day.  It was my partner Linda who insisted that we travel to Scotland to meet Andy.  Linda suggested that I met Him alone for (more than a few) beers before joining us about an hour Later.   We then went to his home where. I met his family and enjoyed a super meal.  Andy is a very good pool player as I found out that evening.  The highlight for me, was sitting opposite him, listening to many of the songs that I had produced for him.  The first production that I tackled for him was 'Being human'.  It was that song and our discussions about it that cemented our friendship.  When Andy played 'Being Human' it was like tuning into a radio station to hear a song that had graced the airways for years.  Andy gave me a beautiful classical guitar to thank me for producing so many songs for him.  I will always, keep and treasure that guitar. We were in regular contact until I deleted my facebook account snouts 2 months ago - It's so easy to become a slave to facebook and not really achieve anything so it had to go.   Andy and I have talked about meeting up in Liverpool. We have each other's email addresses so that might happen.  It would be great to see him make an appearance here.

I'm having a lazy day as I working until midnight yesterday.  I have started a one week holiday today so hopefully will dip my toe into the water and contribute across the forum boards. 

It is always a pleasure to hear from you sir!   :)