konalavadome

Hairstylists from Outer Space

• 23 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »
Hairstylists Fom Outer Space:
They came in their Unidentified Flying Salon & gave all the soldiers at Roswell Air Base amazing futuristic haircuts....oh dear the President wasnt amused! ...they left in a hurry for more fashionably enlightened worlds ..

sorry ,yes another of my silly theatrical instrumentals.. probably the last one I will do as ive decided to write proper songs all this year now ,so you will have to suffer me singing instead!
i adore that twangy surf sound as you must know by now.. but maybe that needs a rest aswell!
if you cant hear the lyrics then youre not meant to  :)

&t=1s
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:57:09 PM »
Hi Tina. Shame that you're thinking of leaving the surf guitar stuff behind as you have got it absolutely nailed but then again its going to be more than interesting to see what you come up with next. Ah ! Scissors go remarkably well with a his song. It's crazy and zany and full of energy and just love those guitar sounds. What did those aliens do with the presidents hair though ? Now I know why it looks like that :) Smashing stuff as usual Tina

Mono Stone

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Really cool guitar sound! As a song, it's a bit un-songy so I can't really feedback on that...fun, but I'm a miserable git, and I'd love to hear that guitar sound with singing over... Why ditch the surf guitar?

Not sure that 'feedback' will be any use... I like the sound a lot. Great playing!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »
nice one tina, would go a storm live. love the fact that you go from shadows to rock and give each solo its own sonic footprint.
looking forward to your 'proper' songs :-)
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »
Yo Tina.

Surftastic tones by Hank and the Highlights,a choon so brief it's hair today and...well yanno. I'd just managed to get on my feet and arrange the tackle so I don't twang one and..it was over. I'm on my third attempt now,just to get a decent jiggle out of it. Maybe I'll import it into Logic and make it a loop,then there'll be no indecent haste involved. I do hate indecent haste,unless I'm on my motorbike.

Where wuz aye?

Cool jingle young lady.  8)

Oldbutyet

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 11:12:22 PM »
More evident of your great style the only thing thats missing is vocal sounds without lyrics and of course scissors making up that chorus, great stage presence feel to this  8)

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 11:58:53 PM »
Hey Tina,

Your work just DEMANDS a big audience!!  :)

I love the treatment of your ‘theatrical construct’ here very creative, very funny and completed by your awesome guitar…I’m really looking forward to your forthcoming singy work but will miss this fun stuff...

Phil
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 09:22:15 AM »
Hi Tina, I can see Uma T dancing to this with a hairdryer on her head as John T follows her around the room with scissors!😉 It has that 50/60's sound quality that sits so well with this style.nice playing love the vibrato as I've said before! Quality.
Cheers
Jamie

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 07:30:52 PM »
:) Haha beautiful again Tina.

Always a joy, though I am struggling for things to say apart from it being another enjoyable listen and owe inspiring both creatively and in execution.

Always enjoy seeing people mix it up from their comfort zone so looking forward to seeing your interpretation of "proper songs" xD

All the best,
Scott.

Steng

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:55:23 AM »
Good stuff! So I'm actually transported back to the 1960's and Steve Zodiac is dancing with Zoony and Venus to this ditty in that way only marionettes can.  Aliens don't normally have hair according to all the 'evidence' I have seen, so this tune is quite a mythbuster.  I'm loving the guitar and you sound like you 'have a screw loose' as my old mum used to say, which is pretty cool in my book.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »
Hi Tina

Your songs are getting even shorter!
Nothing wrong with that when they got quality.
Proves length doesn't matter.  ;D ;D

skub! get yer mind outta the gutter man!

enjoyed it - should be in a movie scene
Paul

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
Absolutely brilliant! Would work great as theme music and your guitar technique and style is exceptional.

Given your way with words, I look forward to hearing your lyrics on upcoming works.

Thanks,

Kevin

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
skub! get yer mind outta the gutter man!

*insert innocent smiley here...

:D

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »
Tina, this is as awesome as ever. I really can't think of anything to add to what everyone else has said.

I am also looking forward to what a "proper song" is when coming from your imagination! I can't wait!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »

Hi Tina

Always know I'm going to enjoy your work
 before I hear it, and this was no exception ;D

Really like the melodies in this one.  They seem
 familiar to me somehow.  Don't know why.....
 never heard anything like this before.  ;D ;D

Looking forward to hearing which direction your
 'proper' songs will take you

Love your style  ;D ;D

xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran