konalavadome

Greetings from Germany

• 3 Replies

Insanity

• Busker
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:22:19 AM »
Hello everyone

My name is Marco, I'm a 25-year-old metal musician from Germany \m/. I'm the vocalist, guitarist and lyricist of my band. I hope to be able to improve my lyrical songwriting through discussions in this forum, seeing as this is my main weakness.
I like awesome and unique lyrics that are open to interpretation and also deep and meaningful, ideally with nice rhetoric arrangements to make them more interesting.
Unfortunately, none of my own attempts at writing something like that have been satisfying so far. I got topics to write about, just not enough creativity to turn it into something great.

Best regards

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »
Guten Tag!!  Good to see you here.  Hopefully you'll pick up some good tips and advice from us lot.  Sad to hear you don't think you've got enough creativity - perhaps you could post a song and let us help you?  Or perhaps you're being too hard on yourself.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum  ;D

I got topics to write about, just not enough creativity to turn it into something great.

We have some very talented lyric writers so I am sure you will get a range of ideas how to attack these your topics
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
Hi and welcome.
There are a few rockers here - check danieltrigger, but songwriting skill transcends genres imho.
Have a read of the rules and do a few reviews.
If you want to develop your lyrical capabilities then I'd select a title or theme and start to write something. Don't set yourself unneccassarty high bar. Perhaps follow a simple format like nursery rhyme for the verses
'Mary had a little lamb'
It's fleece as white as snow
And everywhere Shepard went
The lamb was sure to go'

Get a few verses down share it and ask for feedback. And once you've got a complete set of lyrics that you're ok with start on the music, post in wip and again ask for feedback.
There are techniques and 'rules' that can help, the more your practice the better you'll get, and interesting metal mayhem will surely result!
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..