• 6 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
Lyrics of the Month
January 2017

Introduction
After a successful December run (Congrats to tomcrocus, adamfarr and Vintage54 who made the podium), we're back for January!

Rules
100+ post to enter
1 entry per member
Lyrics posted within the month

Entering
PM me or post a link to your lyrics here to have them entered. If there are too many entries I'll nominate 5 as host.

Entrants
Candles Light The Way
CaliaMoko

Part Time Lover
igg

Better Than I Used To Be
IronKnee

The Most Normal Thing
adamfarr

The Spice Song
hardtwistmusic

Voting
Voting will begin near the start of February, and end around 2 weeks later.
Same as SOTM, pm your top 3 to the host!

-

Struggling to convert your lyrics into songs for SOTM?
Been waiting for the right time to go for glory?
Think you're good enough to to top the leaderboard?
Then make sure to enter!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:36:10 PM by ScottLevi »

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
Hey hey,

Vicki got in early with this month's submissions and is sitting happily awaiting challengers.

Maybe everyone's already conceded defeat? If you've posted any lyrics this months and meet the criteria, do't forget to post to here of PM me to have them entered to the competition!

Best Regards,
Scott.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »
You could try putting a reminder in Lyrics and/or Finished Songs, with a link to this thread and see if that helps....

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
igg and IronKnee have thrown their hats into the ring I'm a show of aggression  - gunning after the ever-confident Vicki.  :D ;D

Not long left to make your submissions!

All the best,
Scott

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:52:52 PM »
We've got our fifth entrant, which closes submissions for the month..

Here's are my little thoughts...

Our first entrant is Vicki with her wonderful Candles Light The Way. Initially a re-write of a previous lyric now barely recognizable, this feels a tribute to what can be achieved given perseverance and attention to detail. The natural flow and consistent structure is so thoughtfully worded it comes across as effortless, painting a stunning image as it goes.

Next up is Igg's Part Time Lover, exploring the  torment of having some love, but not enough to satisfy. The lyric puts a across a strong message with myself enjoying the aspects summarized nicely in the line "Never hoping, never asking" which shows that the protagonist is accepting of their position regardless of the emotional turmoil.

Our third entrant is Tom with his lyric Better Than I Used to Be which is a fantastic example of a well-made story-telling lyric. Without giving too much away, the entry symbolizes with ease and intelligence the powers of environment to mold, corrupt and even liberate the people within it.

Adam's back in the fight after a fruitful December LOTM coming in at second place! His new entry The Most Normal Thing takes a very unique perspective by poking fun at films depicting the geek getting the hottie whilst also maintaining a powerful and serious tone of longing for love and what someone would sacrifice to find it.

The final entry confirmed only today, is Verlon's The Spice Song. Settling in a different place to it's original notion, the entry has certainly came out original and intriguing. In an homage to good food lost love Verlon does a beautiful job humanizing his character by addressing a very real remnant of their presence.

Thanks to all those who have agreed to take part. Voting will open Thursday.

All the best,
Scott.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:56:07 PM by ScottLevi »

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
Hey hey get your votes in!

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
Hey all,

Because of my lack of activity over the voting period, I'm extending until next Saturday (18th)

So get your votes in!

All the best,
Scott