• 82 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
Wow there are some great ones here, some I knew some I didn't:

Edge of Never: Boydie outdoes Robbie

FU War: Pompeyjazz before he was famous

Honeymoon at Home: pushing the boundaries - though I also have a thing for Don't Give Up the Fight (ft. PaulAds vocal, not the other one)

Rest in Peace: try listening with a dry eye. I am now giving up songwriting.

I learned to walk: Delboy explodes onto the forum and we all look at our fingers

Mark of the Chains: I also like that one better by far

Made it to the Middle: I did not see that coming! "keep the windows open"!

Can't be Real: a true original, the rhymes keep coming...

And all the rest...! Some awesome things happening round here. Thanks Paul for the reminder.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »
Cheers, Adam...yeah...I've re-recorded the vocals on them all and replaced the soundcloud files 😀

Had a great lunch hour listening to Johns FUwar and Boydies three as well...great stuff!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
this is a little bit different... its the whole package here that im proud of...so I hope that counts :)

Ally & I met walking our children to school & back each day ..we were both bored stiff  being mums at home & decided to form a virtual band ..our interest was mainly making these videos..
i started writing & recording songs again  & together we wrote & filmed the videos using a green screen
but we just could not find anyone else to play bass so I wore a succession of wigs & played two people while Ally mimed to my vocals as she decided she didnt like her voice after all..
it was the most incredible fun dreaming up the scripts ,filming ourselves dressing up ,using puppets ,& animation & making music again.. it was wonderful & we made about 10 songs with videos
unfortunately she moved away & its a long story but the videos were all taken down..
but you can have a peek at this one! .. I would be lying if I didnt admit I realy love what we managed here
we used to rope my son Adam in when we filmed with drums
anyway years later I still have mouths to feed (after work now tho) so I will listen to your songs tonight :)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:22:18 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
the best song wot I think I rote is still unrecorded :( or rather it's been recorded several times but I just cannot get it to sound how it sounds in my head..so every now and again I have another go, as I've improved in arrangement/production I get a bit closer..but not happy enough to finish it...maybe soon..maybe this year ::) ::)

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 08:04:20 PM »
Ive deleted most of my songs on Soundcloud as the quality of Recording was terrible and am going to re- record the vocals soon....but this was my first serious go at something -its a bit long (i'll call it the 12 inch version) and it can still be found in a corner of You Tube Here:

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 08:16:53 PM »
Nice one, MFJ...great song  :)

I'd like to hear the others when you get them done...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
this is a little bit different... its the whole package here that im proud of...so I hope that counts :)

Ally & I met walking our children to school & back each day ..we were both bored stiff  being mums at home & decided to form a virtual band ..our interest was mainly making these videos..
i started writing & recording songs again  & together we wrote & filmed the videos using a green screen
but we just could not find anyone else to play bass so I wore a succession of wigs & played two people while Ally mimed to my vocals as she decided she didnt like her voice after all..
it was the most incredible fun dreaming up the scripts ,filming ourselves dressing up ,using puppets ,& animation & making music again.. it was wonderful & we made about 10 songs with videos
unfortunately she moved away & its a long story but the videos were all taken down..
but you can have a peek at this one! .. I would be lying if I didnt admit I realy love what we managed here
we used to rope my son Adam in when we filmed with drums
anyway years later I still have mouths to feed (after work now tho) so I will listen to your songs tonight :)

That's brilliant, Tina...do you have the other videos somewhere?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »
Wow ! Tina and Morefrog. Great songs and videos as well. This is a really enlightening thread. Enjoying it big time

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
Lordy, how do you choose this? Ok, instead of choosing what I think may be my best song, I´ll go for my favourite of mine simply because it was soooooo much fun to do, but it´s been posted on the forum before:

https://soundcloud.com/martynrich/find-your-killer

There are some fab songs in this thread. Really enjoying the listen tonight!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 10:05:50 PM »
Agree all around guys. That's a fab song Martyn. I've just listened to forum songs all evening on and off. Such talent and diversity. Keep it up all you fab groovesters (Is that a real word ?)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:01 AM »
well ive had a listen to about half the songs here & there are some gems ive not heard before (Paul i never expected to hear you sound like Prefab Sprout! & Dereks one was a real delight) but also some where i thought thats not quite my favourite by that person but i guess we all  use different criteria how we each judge our own best

Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 01:42:24 AM »
Listening to some of these great songs -

Derek - I can see why you put this one up - great life story song and finger picking good :)

Adam - love that one - quirky as all get out :)

PaulAds - what a voice - what an ending!  ;D

Good idea for a thread - and thx guys for the kind remarks on RIP :)

Paul

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »
I once attempted to pin down what my "favorite song" was.  Turned out I have about 120 "favorite songs". 

It would be even less possible to pin down my "own favorite" from the songs I've written. 

If I have a "best song" or a "favorite song" it would be one of the many songs that I've written good lyrics and poor music for.  There are many of those. . . and I'm convinced that the right music would make one of them my "very best." 

Beyond that, I have no idea. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 06:39:08 AM »
A rough guess and a link would be great, Verlon  :)