Songwriter Forum > The Writing Process

Creating basic backing tracks

(1/2) > >>

martynjones84:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help me. If I wanted to write lyrics and melodies but don't play any instruments, what would be the easiest way for me to create or obtain backing tracks?

I'm aware of packages like sonar etc but they are pretty advanced for me. I'm not after quality of a finished product, just the ability to make a basic tune.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

tone:
What platform are you working on (windows/mac etc)?

paganskins:

--- Quote from: tone on January 21, 2010, 07:01:04 PM ---What platform are you working on (windows/mac etc)?

--- End quote ---

If you've got a mac garageband would work well using the supplied drum and instrument loops to build up songs

Gabe Carter:

--- Quote from: martynjones84 on January 17, 2010, 01:11:43 AM ---Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help me. If I wanted to write lyrics and melodies but don't play any instruments, what would be the easiest way for me to create or obtain backing tracks?

I'm aware of packages like sonar etc but they are pretty advanced for me. I'm not after quality of a finished product, just the ability to make a basic tune.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I'd go to soundclick, soundcloud, PMP and Roc battle and find producers instrumentalists and see if you can write to their songs and then shop them around. There are literally thousands out there with music instrumentals just sitting there.

a Decent DAW like Sonar, Protools or my personal Favorite Reaper would be a great addition along with an interface and microphone to record your songs to them and sending them back to the producers/instrumentalists.

Explain your just a songwriter and want to work with them to shop the songs. :) Tons of free songs fully done for you to write lyrics and melodies to!

hofnerite:
Do you have a smartphone? (Android) If so, get ChordBot. It's bloody amazing. Check out just some of its features here -->

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version