love is making justice a game

• 16 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »
So many good lines here. It's all slightly dark and unsettled and the intriguing images really support this. Each listen gives me a slightly different take on the title and I think that's a stength not a weakness.

You are getting good sound quality on the recordings so for me that is totally listenable. Adding more tracks and playing with the sound can come when the time is right and when the song requires it. I personally quite like all that but it does slow down the output at least at the beginning and that's a price not everyone wants to pay.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
Hey Rightly

Very nice again.

Your lyrics are always to be admired but the first verse hit me so hard is worth a specific shoutout. "I don't want to hurt anyone but I have to do something with this pain" and "as quite as not being there".

I often feel like we have similar frustrations but do such a better job at expressing them.

My advise personally wouldn't be to get too caught up in production and DAW's - you never want to stop enjoying your craft so mix it in to your work at your own pace.

You work always strikes me as having a live orientation anyway, and I'm still waiting for you to come Brum xD

All the best,
Scott.

Thanks for the kind words Scott.
I was in this dark spot back in the day
the lyrics are vague but so was I on that day

I don't think I do a better job than anyone but maybe one day...
I don't know if I need to take a break or quit completely

The thing is
I have to get very into the DAWs, I'm doing a 2 year traing in Sound Design.
It's all in German.
At the moment it's pro tools. it's annoying cause I was just getting more familiar with the essentials of Cubase and had a few projects on the go. We will return to Cubase but right now there are enough similarities and enough differences between those two to cause some confusion.  ???

in the training we're also looking into hardware, digital and analogue mixing desks.

I've no choice but to see this thing through.

I still want to work on my live sets and on composing new material. That's where it happens, if it happens at all (for me).

I'll not become a smoothy, but I am interested in seeing how these other aspects work.
oh n I now know that Cubase can be mad fun! I want to get a modest EP with only Cubase material on it. I'm learning every step of the way.

Where's Brum? is that Birmingham?
I was thinking about visiting a buddy in Liverpool, n family in Manchester, later intn he year.

Oh my, these days are exhausting.

Thanks, Rightly.

It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly