I Only Loved You Darling Because You Looked Like Me

• 23 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
Hi Tina, B52's and Patsy out of AbFab mixed together in a 15ft Pacific breaker. Usual excellent guitar playing and humorous take on celebrity/love/lust! Mix sounded ok to me?
Cheers
Jamie

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 07:45:12 PM »
Hey Tina,

You never fail to put a smile on my face, and I'm in love with the cool stories you come up with. To have that imagination backed with those guitar skills is just so wonderful to watch unfold.

Another enjoyable and entertaining listen, I thought the vocals came through better on this one than previous and I didn't have much difficulty in hearing them clearly (great job at getting into character too, sold it well)

Nothing constructive really, just excited to see what you hit us with next.

Many Thanks,
Scott.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
Really like the riffs, the sometimes unexpected progression and the WAH! And the "waste of makeup" line is a killer.

If I'm totally honest there was something about the theatrical side of this one that didn't quite grab me - I think I couldn't get away from the feeling that a more complete lyric might have added something... So maybe I'm more of a Stack Shelves and Cars Go By type of guy... but this probably really is a genre all of its own and I should get back in me box (and get an open mind)... Oh no, now you won't be nice to me...  I do have a Peavey amp though.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:48 PM »
Hi Tina,

First up, I love how the footsteps keep time during the middle of the song - genius.

The vocal delivery is great. Perfect delivery for the song.

The guitar work is always a pleasure. Distinctive, and totally you - but always in a new and inventive way.

Cool stuff.

Digger

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
Been looking forward to your next one, Tina and you don't disappoint.  Great guitar - must try to learn to play more like you. ;D  I guess Eric doesn't have a whammy bar, as I'd like to hear an overindulgence of whamminess on this.  But not a criticism, just more wishful thinking on my part.  Great the middle bit with the talky-wah thing. Can't help but make like a fish when I hear it.  :D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 04:08:39 AM »
Hi Tina

Fun track and as others have said - sounds like your style - esp like the guitar runs.
I'm afraid we've corrupted the Queen's English here in the colonies so I wouldn't have made out the lyrics without reading along but they're great :)

Oh, yeah - perfect length - shows how a short song can be a winner.  ;D ;D
Paul

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 11:10:08 AM »
Lol, yeah that is Tinam alright! Ain't no mistaking those guitars, God know what you do to them to squeeze that sound out of 'em. No, don't tell me, some things are better left unsaid.
Not only do you have your distinct guitar sound/playing but also a very distinct way of writing songs, always witty and with a twist or two. Very enjoyable but I can't help (and don't get me wrong) but wondering what you would sound like if you did a "normal" song (whatever that is)?
Anyway, well done (as always)

Mono Stone

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
A bit crazy...really nicely done! I have no constructive critique for it, it's too unusual and unique to suggest any changes and it's all really well played with a distinctive style, everything is nice and clear and sits well in the mix for me. Great spoken vocal too...is that your usual voice?

Nice one!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
Yep, the "roll your eyes" line is enough to justify the price of admission alone. All your usual invention and skill on the guitar are present here. My only criticism is that it's too short.

Always guaranteed to raise a smile.

M