Solar Midnight

• 24 Replies

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 06:50:37 PM »
Ah, the Cher effect - and very effective it is too. I have to be honest and say this is definitely not my genre (I'm too old, even the 80s are a bit too modern for me). Love the interest you keep in the track with the breakdown about 2.30. And the whole thing does bounce along with a lovely melody holding it all together. Just my first impressions as studying something I don't fully understand will yield anything more meaningful!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 10:11:18 AM »
Ah, the Cher effect - and very effective it is too. I have to be honest and say this is definitely not my genre (I'm too old, even the 80s are a bit too modern for me). Love the interest you keep in the track with the breakdown about 2.30. And the whole thing does bounce along with a lovely melody holding it all together. Just my first impressions as studying something I don't fully understand will yield anything more meaningful!

Hi Bill. you don't have to like a piece of music to make some sensible comments about it...we are all doing it all the time, it's what makes this foreum tick!
thanks for the listen my friend :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »
Hi Kev

I've been a silent fan of your music and specially your vocal content and this song is no exception it stands high on the podium enjoyed the listen well done.

Cheers

Royston

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »
Ooooh takes me back to my late 90s/early 00s days (well, nights) - not just the clubbing, but spending huge amounts on synths (Yamaha FS1R and Novation Nova if anyone's interested ;) ).... 

Must admit, I've always preferred the vocoda to the autotune, but perhaps that's from listening to too much Kraftwerk.  Think it sounds good in this though.  And I quite like the drop and bounce back around 3:00.  :D

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »
Hey, it´s a thumper from you with Cher effects! Love the beat and synth on this, it makes for a great dance tune. I love the development of this song e.g. using the echo in the second verse, and the chrous is a catchy one (although maybe some harmonies would be good?). I quite like the drop down but maybe you could keep some rhythm/beat there...but to be honest I liked it as it was. Great dance tune!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 06:20:43 AM »
Hey there Shadow........I really like that driving pulse in the rhythm that hits the beat.....but, what I really like, even more, is that ethereal ambiance, hovering high in the mix, framing the whole sound......very Moody Blues of you  ;D
Good song, and nice work....as is the one Vickie chose from you for the Dec. song pics ;)
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
Hi Kev, yet another Pro sounding recording. Captures that late night club feel, ticks all the boxes!
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »
You constistantly produce a good quality sound but I'd like to see you come out of your comfort zone and moving from the 80's to the 90's is the first step - LOL :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 04:20:28 PM »
Aside from one "aboutchore" (about your), this is perfection to my ears. I enjoyed the Melodyne effect, and all the synth stuff and everything else about the production that I don't really understand was just wonderful in my opinion. If we have to have sappy love songs, they should at least be awesome like this one.

It's a great dance tune and I was surprised to see it's nearly 4 minutes long because I was going to say it's a bit short for dancing, isn't it? But I guess, you're supposed to leave 'em wanting more, so it's just right.

This really should be on the radio, on TV...it's very polished and professional. You know, like pretty much all your stuff. :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 03:37:54 PM »
I'm with CaliaMoko on this one. God, it's infectious! Autotune works great and the whole thing is majestic - should be a massive hit this summer in the Mediterranean clubs.