konalavadome

Do you ever publicly share (on Soundcloud) songs you plan to pitch to artists?

• 1 Replies

Saint Rose

• Busker
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:13:32 AM »
Hi guys, firstly let me say I am relatively new to the music industry, but not to songwriting.

So I need some guidance and any help you can give would be so appreciated! This website is awesome.

Ok so I've written some great demos I want to send to music publishers, in the hope of pitching them to artists. I am a singer too but stylistically they are not suited to me, but are very current.

In this situation - do you send private Soundcloud links?

I ask because surely if the song is public, it would put off an artist choosing it seeing as they are so hot in keeping things secret before they release their music...?

Or should I bang up everything publicly to show the world how diverse my songwriting actually is? Do I need a big social media presence and following as simply a songwriter these days, or does it not matter as much?

Let me know your thoughts on what you think is best. Thank you!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:22:23 AM »
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Firstly I wouldn´t worry too much about publishing your soundcloud songs publicly. There are so many out there that it´s very doubtful they will be picked up by the mainstream, no matter how good they are. That´s not being negative, just realistic. Making them public could also help you to get feedback.

With finding a publisher, it really is still about networking - getting the contacts so your songs are not lost in the sea of others they get bombarded with. You could also try artist managers as well...publishers are not the only route to getting your songs covered. Why don´t you put some stuff on the forum and get reviewing others work as well? I´m sure it´ll help you a lot. Good luck.