Moving music files

• 2 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:04 AM »
Our keyboard player's studio has no internet access and I wish to take tracks I have worked on by myself and import them into his system.

What would be the best method of getting my tracks off garageband and into his cubase?

I'm thinking a portable,external hard drive would do the trick. What's the learned opinion on the matter,are there other ways of skinning this particular feline?

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:45:17 AM »
Hi Skub...

That's quite do-able but a little tricky in GarageBand...

You have to find the GarageBand project, right-click on it and select "show package contents" then the files you've recorded will be in the "media" folder

You can then copy them somewhere else...leaving the originals intact...

Sometimes it's best in GarageBand not to cut tracks up as it makes syncing them more awkward later on...

It's a little convoluted...I'll happily try to help if you want to PM me anytime...not that I'm an expert by any means...it's a quirky program and I know it fairly well nowadays  :-\

You can get pretty big (16/32/64gb) USB sticks for about £20...they'd do that job fine and are easy to transport...not as fast data transfer as a portable hard drive but much cheaper and more convenient, I daresay
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »
Cool info Paul,ta very much.

The sync thing is workable. We've done that before.