konalavadome

It's Alright

• 6 Replies

The C&D Project

• Busker
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »
hi all

We got our latest track back from the studio today,  I sent an acoustic demo off to them around 3/4 weeks and this is what we got back, so it's not me singing and all the production is by the studio. Would love to know what you think

I used a bit of a slade song for the chorus (not sure if that is frowned upon or not?)

Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/the_candd_project/its-alright

D* ; x324xx

E.                                                        Riff1
I don't know what it is God put in my hands
E.                                                             Riff1
Gonna throw it away and start a rock n roll band
E.                                                 Riff1
The stars shine brighter on the velvet sky
A                                                Asus4 A.Asus4
But it's the little things that make me wonder why

D.                               A
So speed me over heaven
on the wind that blows
D.                               A.                  E
Or fly me to a place where nobody knows

A.                                                   D*   A
So won't you take me back home 
Ah won't you take me back home   

D                                  G                                Asus4 G           Asus4 G
cos we can find plenty to do and that will be alright, It will be alright,  it will be
E
alright     

Riff 1 x 2
E.                                               Riff1
I'm gonna make some noise on my guitar
E.                                                Riff1
Tonight I'm gonna be a rock n roll star
E.                                              Riff1
A man should Chase the blues anyway he can
A                                                Asus4 A.Asus4
But its alright come on and take my hand

So speed me over heaven
on the wind that blows
D.                               A.                  E
Or fly me to a place where nobody knows

A.                                                   D*  A

D                                  G                                Asus4 G           Asus4 G
cos we can find plenty to do and that will be alright, It will be alright,       

A.                                                   D* A

cos we can find plenty to do and that will be alright, It will be alright,   

A.                                                                          D*            A
So won't you take me take me take me take me back home 
A.             D*        A
take me back home
A.             D*        A
take me back home

cos we can find plenty to do and that will be alright, It will be alright,  it will be
E
alright   

I Dont Know What It Is God Put In My Hands,
I'll Throw It Away And Start A Rock n Roll Band

https://soundcloud.com/the_candd_project

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »
I quite like the song and I think they have done a fair job with the production

I would expect it to be more "punchy" - I felt the production lacked some dynamics - it all seemed to be on one level, which took a bit of the excitement away for me and there was not "tension & release"

As for the song itself...

I liked the "take me back home" refrain -  but I never really got "why" I should take you back home?

I think a more focused lyric would make the song more engaging
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

The C&D Project

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:14:06 PM »
I quite like the song and I think they have done a fair job with the production

I would expect it to be more "punchy" - I felt the production lacked some dynamics - it all seemed to be on one level, which took a bit of the excitement away for me and there was not "tension & release"

As for the song itself...

I liked the "take me back home" refrain -  but I never really got "why" I should take you back home?

I think a more focused lyric would make the song more engaging

hi boydie, cheers for listening

yeah the ltrics are pretty throwaway to be honest, I was just trying to write a faces/rolling stones type song, im kind of wishing I changed the lyrics to the take me back home bit. but it fit in nicely so I just left it

thanks again for listening

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 07:11:31 PM »
I´ll be really honest, I think I would have preferred to hear the acoustic demo. It´s all good and well played and nice but truthfully, I think they´ve sucked the attitude out of it. I think you should blast this out on your acoustic for us to hear. Lyric-wise, the song does come across as a little cheesy, but there isn´t anything wrong with that. It´s how you deliver it that´s important and I think a performance from you would sound more authentic.

As for the song itself, it´s good! It does what it says on the tin by delivering a straight up rock n´roll number and I quite like it. So play it yourself and don´t rely on jobbers to knock out a version for you, because they dont care about your song, whereas you do. Please take this constructively...so go get your guitar right now, plug it into whatever DAW your using and have a blast  ;) I for one would love to hear it.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
Hi,

I tend to agree with what Martyn has just said but I guess it depends what your aims are for the song. It certainly is quite a homogenous compressed sound but if you're planning to use it to pitch with then it's probably what people are expecting to hear nowadays and likely what it would end up sounding like on a final release.

Has it lost some of its soul? Probably but the underlying song is good and if they've produced better results than you could yourself, so long as you're happy with it its money well spent.

Would be intersting to compare it to the demo though.

Yodasdad

The C&D Project

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »
I´ll be really honest, I think I would have preferred to hear the acoustic demo. It´s all good and well played and nice but truthfully, I think they´ve sucked the attitude out of it. I think you should blast this out on your acoustic for us to hear. Lyric-wise, the song does come across as a little cheesy, but there isn´t anything wrong with that. It´s how you deliver it that´s important and I think a performance from you would sound more authentic.

As for the song itself, it´s good! It does what it says on the tin by delivering a straight up rock n´roll number and I quite like it. So play it yourself and don´t rely on jobbers to knock out a version for you, because they dont care about your song, whereas you do. Please take this constructively...so go get your guitar right now, plug it into whatever DAW your using and have a blast  ;) I for one would love to hear it.

Hi @MartynRich

Cheers for listening, yeah the reason I send them off to the production place is I'm not capable of getting anywhere near that level of production, I'm a pure bedroom guitarist and can't play any other instruments so if I want to hear one my songs fully produced I have to do it like that.

I know where your coming from though about the acoustic demo, the demos are better than the studio recordings a lot of the time.

Thanks again for listening

Hi,

I tend to agree with what Martyn has just said but I guess it depends what your aims are for the song. It certainly is quite a homogenous compressed sound but if you're planning to use it to pitch with then it's probably what people are expecting to hear nowadays and likely what it would end up sounding like on a final release.

Has it lost some of its soul? Probably but the underlying song is good and if they've produced better results than you could yourself, so long as you're happy with it its money well spent.

Would be intersting to compare it to the demo though.

Yodasdad

Hi @Yodasdad

Yeah you've kind of hit the nail on the head really, as I said above I only play guitar so if I didn't send it off it would never get past the guitar and vocal stage, plus my singing isn't gonna put Michael bubble out of a job anytime soon

The cost was £189 which to be honest I think is very reasonable as it allows me to share the songs with a decent amount of confidence that they are produced to a decent level. And not just me bashing away on my guitar

Thanks for listening

Cheers

C&D

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 12:17:11 AM »
I think it's all about developing your own recording skills. We all have to learn bit by bit and frankly £189 could buy you some nifty equipment for a bedroom studio...at the very least a good condenser mic with a reasonable DAW. Add a midi keyboard at some point and the world is your oyster. You have a full band in your bedroom. I think you'll find this kind of investment will help a lot.

Remember I thought the song was good...it would maybe be nice to hear it a bit more raw and from the heart.