Orchestral Track - Dalmatian Nights

• 7 Replies

Dimitris

• Busker
  • ...Remember: Shows go on! It's what they do!
    • Soundcloud
« on: December 02, 2016, 06:04:57 PM »
Hi everyone. I've been away for sometime now :/

Anyway, this is my first attempt at an orchestral score on a bigger scale, inspired by some time I spent this summer in Croatia (especially the coast), and wanted to share it with you and maybe get some feedback. What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/tswo/dalmatian-nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBGlZt2-R4 (A small video I made to accompany the music)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
I like it. Reminds me of a movie score, a motor car driving on a mountainous costal road.

Very impressed.

Keith

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:45:33 PM »
Nice sound. Gives me images of people dancing the tango.

Dimitris

• Busker
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 10:48:21 AM »
Thank you @CaliaMoko. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

It's funny that your signature is "You're never to old to try new things". I like to think this track is exactly about new things - either remembering a new thing you tried, or wishing for a new thing yet to come.

@Keith

You are the 3rd person to say that about the road and the coast! I guess you are right, even though I didn't have that particular image in mind when I did write it. Thank you!

Max Adam

• Busker
  • Enjoy music...
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCAA5GkoF10LZJN9XiTz2g
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »
I really like the musical atmosphere. Nice counterpoint. Good sound. Intrepid, sensual and beautiful melody. Reminds me "Mr. Selfridge" soundtrack. Nice job.
My best wishes from Chile.
Max Adam.
Max Adam.
Songwriter.
www.instagram.com/_maxadam

TheButcher

• Platinum Album
  • I like ducks
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »

Beautiful;

sounds, like real instruments.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 02:43:07 PM »
This is gooood....nice music idea and very melodically sound. Lots to enjoy here, with a mix of traditional and orchestral. From 1:04 to 1:28 I thought it could do with another melody on top and it seemed to be more of a backing when the lead dropped out. The bass guitar throughout is great, as it gives the piece quite a groovy feel.

Because of the mix of traditional with orchestral I wondered whether the intro should have been played on an accordion rather than a piano? Just an idea though...

Dimitris

• Busker
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:10:47 AM »
Thx for the good words guys!

@MartynRich YES! Initially it had an accordion as the solo intrument, but abandoned that idea because i really hated the Sibelius sound library for the accordion or even bandoneon! I've even downloaded some accordion sounds for the midi output to sound better but it was disapointing...

@TheButcher I'm glad you think so :) It was a lot of effort to make it sound like that, and still I'm not totaly happy with it, but it's ok I guess.

@Max Adam Thank you from Greece!