konalavadome

All By Myself

• 38 Replies

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 12:17:03 AM »
Decent song well written performed and produced - enjoyed the whole experience.

danieltrigger

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
Cool song, very tasteful, with great harmonies. I was wondering if it would benefit from less or no vocal processing? The doubling effect is really clever, but I found myself marvelling at that at times, rather than listening to the song. Maybe strip it back to just guitar and voice, might give it a more organic feel.

Just a thought, but as everyone has already said, it's fine as it is too!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 12:54:53 PM »
I like this very much, nice and melodic only one nitpick

listening through a second time I felt that the chorus only needed the first three lines

cheers

Thanks Lillypilly.......you just maybe right!!  ;D

Decent song well written performed and produced - enjoyed the whole experience.

And thank you,as well, Morefrog!!

Cool song, very tasteful, with great harmonies. I was wondering if it would benefit from less or no vocal processing? The doubling effect is really clever, but I found myself marvelling at that at times, rather than listening to the song. Maybe strip it back to just guitar and voice, might give it a more organic feel.

Just a thought, but as everyone has already said, it's fine as it is too!
It's hard to argue with Marvel  8)
Thanks Daniel for stopping by.................it is appreciated!!

And thanks to all who have listened!!
                                                                     -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
Hi IronKnee, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a big fan of yours. This is another song of yours that I would say is very well done. I like the melody,great harmonies, I like the guitar playing so lovely for me this song is a masterpiece and you "IronKnee" you're on fire right now. keep it up.

Irwin
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
I've already heard this a numerous of times and wrongfully thought, no I was certain, I had commented on this already, but I just skimmed through the thread and didn't see my name so...  :-[

Anyhoo, again a beautiful song of yours accompanied by a fab performance. Love the harmonies, wish I could do that too but harmonies are not my strongest asset. This inspires me to give it a go though. Powerful pop melodies in there too.

Loved the whole song and as so often happens with your songs I especially love the lyric part.

Overall s superb job!  :D

S

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2016, 11:41:45 PM »
Such a sad song, about somewhere I know all too well, though luckily not for some time now.

Great guitar work and mellow, minimal production, kind of reminiscent to Hotel California.

Overall the song was on the same level all the way through and I was expecting/hoping for a crescendo to happen at some point.  But a minor criticism on a great song.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 01:45:07 AM »
Hi IronKnee, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a big fan of yours. This is another song of yours that I would say is very well done. I like the melody,great harmonies, I like the guitar playing so lovely for me this song is a masterpiece and you "IronKnee" you're on fire right now. keep it up.

Irwin

Thanks Irwin for listening and making such a positively generous comment  ;D
It's always appreciated....thanks, again!

I've already heard this a numerous of times and wrongfully thought, no I was certain, I had commented on this already, but I just skimmed through the thread and didn't see my name so...  :-[

Anyhoo, again a beautiful song of yours accompanied by a fab performance. Love the harmonies, wish I could do that too but harmonies are not my strongest asset. This inspires me to give it a go though. Powerful pop melodies in there too.

Loved the whole song and as so often happens with your songs I especially love the lyric part.

Overall s superb job!  :D

S

Thanks S.....alot of mu music has harmonies written into them....this one is one I wish I could do a lot more.
Thanks, again for your commenting!!!

Such a sad song, about somewhere I know all too well, though luckily not for some time now.

Great guitar work and mellow, minimal production, kind of reminiscent to Hotel California.

Overall the song was on the same level all the way through and I was expecting/hoping for a crescendo to happen at some point.  But a minor criticism on a great song.

Thanks, Tim, for stopping by. I appreciate the thoughtful comments, and i am sooooo glad that you like my little song!

And thanks to all who have listened!!
                                                                 -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
Hi!
I'm new to this forum and these are my first words here.
My first impression is that this is in it's essence a country song.
Played by Pink Floyd. I like it but have you, if you have the possibility,
played it on piano? Straight and simple.
The lyrics are interesting but I think the chorus could be a little stronger
since it is repeated a few times. With stronger I think more of a contrast to
the form and sound of the verse. Maybe change the words around but keeping
'All by my self' line as a returning point.

I hope you appreciate my input.
Kindly,
Martin

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
Tom,
My favourite one of yours, just love the simple three chords and those dripping harmonies - I'm getting Steven Still's, Mannassas or CSNY vibe here.
Wouldn't change anything
 :) :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..