Hope you're feeling better.
Suzy does Xmas - what could be madder?
Always a journey.

Merry Xmas.
Digger

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 12:57:52 PM »
A very interesting recording. The arrangement seems so haphazardly put together....sorta avant-garde, IMHO.
A fun....crazy listen!
Love it!
                                              8)-Tom
I'm so glad you found this fun to listen to, Tom  ;D I guess it is kind of haphazardly put together ::)
I like the "sorta avant-garde" comment :) Thanks  :)
Hi Suzy,

Sorry to hear that you've not been well - I hope you are better now :-*

This subject is a rich seam of inspiration for your crazy world view. I love the way you sing the title - sounds like you have taken A LOT of dodgy substances. There is so much going here it must have taken bloody ages to put together and it has all your usual lovely subtle touches and zany humour. I have no negative comments - it's a riot. Everybody should play this on Christmas day - move over Slade!

M
Thanks for you well wishes, M  :) I'm doing OK, but not totally out of the woods yet  ::)

"A LOT of dodgy substances"...Hmmm? Now, what would you be referring to?  ;) By the end of the song, I was definitely high on something...wine I think ;D ;D
It did take some time to put together, but it was such a fun one to work on, that I didn't notice how long exactly ::)
Thanks so much for you kind and supportive comments  :)

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 03:24:16 PM »
Hi crystalsuzy, I am listening to this song through my headphone and it is playing very low but nevertheless I understand what the song is all about.

This song is  creative, it is a fun song for Christmas for sure. I like how it has been constructed..... nice lyric!. Thanks for sharing.
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
Great write here, CS! Just reading the lyrics was perfect and the mélange of styles kept me in for the whole ride.
Glad we can smile about it - and all the best to you for a better 2017.

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 12:07:42 AM »
Hope you're feeling well. I was going to wish you a Merry Christmas but perhaps not having listened to the song.

Love the Christmas sarcasm and the madness of it all. Far too many saccharine glitzy Christmas songs out there. This is far closer to the christmases I know.

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »
Hi

A healthy dose of Christmas cynicism interspersed with samples of what the Christmas Marketing department would have us believe!

Very funny and easy to relate to. Im already back to work and just need to return my wifes unwanted christmas gifts. Maybe Ill get it right next year ;)

James

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »
Now this is my kind of Christmas song! Especially if I have start listening to them by the end of October. It's creative and zany--a lot of fun to hear. I like the way you wove in the snippets of familiar Christmas music. That really ties it together for me.

If I had to come up with a nit, say, to save my life, I might say the rhyme scheme is inconsistent. But, you know, in my opinion, it suits the song.

So...good job.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 03:43:59 AM »
Wow, Cristmas chaos.

I haven't heard one of your songs for a while but I vaguely remember the last one I listened to messed my head and this ones no different.

Very creative and imaginative the way you've blended everything together.

I can't imagine this one being played at midnight mass but it's a great melting pot of ideas and styles.

Hope your health son the up.

Yodasdad
Sorry Yodasdad...I didn't mean to mess up your head ;D ;D I guess my songs don't say much for my state of mind  ;D ::)
Thanks for the listen and the kudos on the creativity  :)  CS  
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:45:32 AM by crystalsuzy »

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »

Hi CS  ;D

I remember this ;D

Your work is always entertaining and clever, and
 never fails to make me smile  ;D

Hope you get better soon, and hope you get some
 of that Christmas magic

HAPPY NEW YEAR

xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »
great to hear from you again, Suzy

you're right on form, i see...loved that yawn around 3:15...had me in stitches

brilliant how it fires up, rattles along and then stops in it's tracks to lampoon some traditional xmas twaddle before setting away again...

fabulous stuff!
Thanks so much for your very kind review Paul :) "had me in stitches" ;D What more could I ask ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
this has a similar structure  to your last song with loads of different bits all linked by snippets of known songs & samples ...it is insanely creative & a amazing rollercoaster of surprises full of terrific vocal harmony & funny bits
I love the stressed out mum who sounds like shes demon posessed ....i can relate :)
suzy its a work of genius & totally wonderful & nobody could concoct  this but you
i have played it several times now & keep finding more in it...
it is just so original & of course I love it!

Suzy ,best wishes for a healthy 2017  :)

Thank you so much Tinam...I'm humbled 8)

I have definitely been that demon possessed mom, on more than one occasion  :o

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 01:57:09 AM »
Hi Suzy

Well what can I say - this is all over the map, but entertaining as hell.
Verse, chorus, bridge - those are just silly things that ppl like me use to glue a song together.
Then I hear this and say - why do I bother?
No, I better stick to my knitting - and let creative ppl like you draw outside the lines  ;D ;D

Hope your health improves in 2017!
Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 12:24:04 PM »
Hi Suzy,

Hope you're feeling better.
Suzy does Xmas - what could be madder?
Always a journey.

Merry Xmas.
Digger
A little late for Merry Xmas, but I hope the Happy New is a good one for you, Digger :)
Thanks for listening, and I'm glad you enjoyed the madness  ;D ;D

Hi crystalsuzy, I am listening to this song through my headphone and it is playing very low but nevertheless I understand what the song is all about.

This song is  creative, it is a fun song for Christmas for sure. I like how it has been constructed..... nice lyric!. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for listening Irwin and I'm glad you found it to be fun and creative :)
Couldn't ask for nicer comments :)

Great write here, CS! Just reading the lyrics was perfect and the mélange of styles kept me in for the whole ride.
Glad we can smile about it - and all the best to you for a better 2017.
Thanks Adam :) This song is pretty much about the lyrics, so thanks for the thumbs up :)

Hope you're feeling well. I was going to wish you a Merry Christmas but perhaps not having listened to the song.

Love the Christmas sarcasm and the madness of it all. Far too many saccharine glitzy Christmas songs out there. This is far closer to the christmases I know.
Thanks Tim :) I do love the spirit of Xmas...this was just a fun stab at remembering some that were
a little more hectic than others ;D