konalavadome

Max Martin Songwriting Tips - Compilation

• 1 Replies

Max Adam

• Busker
  • Enjoy music...
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCAA5GkoF10LZJN9XiTz2g
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:59:46 AM »
Hi everyone! I did a compilation about information that corresponds to help us improve the quality and success of our songs.

When you compose a songwriter demo to launch publishers, keep these points in mind:

1- Not having than 3 songs
2- Choose the best songs, whatever the genre they are (it is not necessary that the 3 songs are of the same genre).
3- If a song is more than three minutes you may want to fade the song after those three minutes. This will make it as easy as possible for the listener. 

4- Communication is everything. Before composing the song be clear that you want to transmit, give a professional look.

Max Martin’s advice to upcoming talent in this business is “work harder than everyone else.” Keep a sense of humor in your songs, that will be positive.

Here I compiled the questions and answers (interviews) that most contribute us in terms of songwriting stuffs.

Q: What do you feel is the key ingredient to writing a hit song?

Max: This is a very hard question to answer but it's very important to have a great melody. If you have one, build your song around that. Don't make it too complicated.

Q: I read a quote that said you don't touch a keyboard (but use a dictaphone) until the song is 'done'. Do you find that using an instrument can impede the creative process and lead you places melodically that you don't want to go?

Max: It's true that I work that way, But every songwriter has their own way of making it happen. I can only speak for myself when I say writing the melody first gives me more freedom than doing it the other way around.

Q: Tell me, how long does it normally take you to write a song?

Max: Everything between a day and a year. But normally it will take me about a week.

I hope this information has been useful to you. My best wishes.

Max Adam.
Songwriter.
www.instagram.com/_maxadam

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:15:38 PM »
Hi Max A. Thanks for this. I'm a huge Max Martin fan and think that any aspiring writer with commercial ambitions can glean a lot from him. Do you have a link to the initial article/interview that you've distilled down here per chance?