songwriters Guild

• 2 Replies

wynmusic

• Busker
« on: August 23, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Songwriters Guild UK - they offer free registration of copyright, list of publishers and what they are looking for etc, doesnt seem too bad, anyone used them?

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:56:28 PM »
Hi,

I've been a member of The Guild for several years.  The copyright service is first class.  I've also used the song assessment service.  It's useful for an unbiased critique of your work with appropriate ideas for your promotions if you decide to undertake any.  Best of all, you can take advantage of quality advice about many aspects of the music industry.  After posing a question, I usually receive an answer within 24 hours, though occasionally, the response might take a little longer.  I don't use any of the other services, but the standard of service that  I have received for the areas mentioned above has been excellent.  I think that membership would be most beneficial to writers that are in the process of considering contracts with various musical agencies/companies.  It gives you peace of mind knowing that advice received from The Guild is based on their extensive knowledge and experience.  The annual membership is £55 and I am very happy to pay this for the quality service that The Guild provides. 

I hope that the above is useful to you and any other forum members considering joining The Guild.

Paul

wynmusic

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
cheers thanks