Lyrics of the Month - December 2016 [Submissions Closed]

• 7 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:57:46 PM »
Lyrics of the Month

Introduction
There's a vibrant lyric community here and this competition is in attempt to better address that community within the monthly competitions. LOTM (Lyrics of the Month, not to be confused with Lord of the Mics ;)) is making a revival!

Rules
Same as usual 100+ post and need to vote to be eligible to win, 1 entry per user.

Lyrics must be posted within the month of the competition, and must not have been posted before.

Lyrics can be modified throughout the month (o/c it's there for feedback), but please either leave a snapshot or refrain from editing during the voting period. If there are multiple revisions make clear which one you'd like used.

Entering
Due to the 'living' nature of those threads in the lyrics section, as opposed to the 'finished' element of SOTM, please post a link to your lyrics on here or PM the host (me this time) if you'd like them included.

Entrants
Sheep (Black and Red)
adamfarr

The Great Divide
tomcrocus

Is that Blue Enough for You?
PopTodd

Wish You Were Mine
Vintage54

Life in the Fridge
Paulski[/url]

Voting
Voting will begin near the start of the following month, and end around 2 weeks later.
Same as SOTM, pm your top 3 to the host!

-

Struggling to convert your lyrics into songs for SOTM?
Been waiting for the right time to go for glory?
Want to be immortalised?
Think you're good enough to to top the leaderboard?
Then make sure to enter!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:03:57 PM by ScottLevi »

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »
This sounds excellent!
Can we run our songs competition like this, rather than having a host "nominate" its entries to be voted on?

-T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Nice one Scott and well done for taking on this mantle. Unfortunately when I hosted this at the beginning of the year I received a measly 6 replies despite biggin it up and bumping it. Well done Man

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »
Unfortunately when I hosted this at the beginning of the year I received a measly 6 replies despite biggin it up and bumping it.

Aha oh no I better get harassing then! If its's a hit & miss is fine with me willing to give it a crack anyway.

Cheers for the support, I'll expect at least two entries then? :P

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 06:48:45 AM »
Oooooo it's the 1st. You know what that means, LOTM has officially started!

Remember to pm me or post a link to your lyrics here to have them entered!

Someone has to end the year as defending lyrical champion, why not you?

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:57 AM »
Hey hey, loads of great lyrics this month. I made a rule when starting this thread that a link to lyrics must be submitted to me or the thread to be entered (which may have been a bad idea), but I'm sticking to it.

I know y'all just holding out in case you get any inspiration near the end of the month, but make sure not to miss out - submit before it's too late!

Lyrics must be posted within the month of the competition, and must not have been posted before.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:12:54 AM by ScottLevi »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
Hey 4lf4lf, just letting you know I've moved your post to the lyrics forum where you're much more likely to get some feedback on your lyrics.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Sorry to spam my own thread, but we now have 4 entries into to competition and it's heating up!

I've been studying the current submissions and writing a few paragraphs to go over the entries so far (will post once entries are closed) and I'm really excited at the range we have so far. I'm very happy with the differences this brings when compared to SOTM in having less aspects of songwriting in play and having less to hide behind.

Thanks to all who have agreed to take part.

I'm going to close off entries once we have 6 so that voters are not overwhelmed, so it's now a first-come-first-served system!

All the best,
Scott.