konalavadome

(new song) This loving game

• 31 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 07:08:10 PM »
Hi Skub..for the life of me I cannot hear anything Medieval in this song..what are listen to it with, and in which castle? :) :) :)

Castle Chez Skub,of course.  :D

If you take that intro,it sounds very like a lute type instrument and the whole overall feel gives me 'the minstrel singing and playing in the great hall,while the lords quaff mead' overall vibe.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »
Hi Skub..for the life of me I cannot hear anything Medieval in this song..what are listen to it with, and in which castle? :) :) :)

Castle Chez Skub,of course.  :D

If you take that intro,it sounds very like a lute type instrument and the whole overall feel gives me 'the minstrel singing and playing in the great hall,while the lords quaff mead' overall vibe.

oh..I take your point, gotta make sure my next track sounds nothing like Medieval then innit!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »
I don't have much to add to what's already been said. You have quite a distinctive style of melody writing and of singing that I like very much. Sometimes there are bits in the melody that I might do a little differently but then it might not be "you" anymore.

My favorite verse in this one is:
I am your Ganymede, you are the only world for me,
I'll stay until you see my starlight in your eyes,
I walk along this street alone, don't know which way to go,
Give me a sign so I can follow you,

It feels the most creative and original to me and it catches my ear.

Vicki

RothenborgLopez

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 03:37:13 AM »
Hi!

Fantastic opening! Got my attention. Great sound on that guitar (or whatever it is). What is it? And if it is a real guitar, what plugins did you put to it?

Wow, fantastic vocal sound and singing. I'm actually getting goosebumps from this. Great harmonies. Great sound.

Seriously, what a great f**king song! That's all I have to say really. Just wow.. I wish I made this song! :-)

More than I want to write a review I got really interested in how you produced this. I followed you on Soundcloud and can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for this song!

/R

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »
Hi!

Fantastic opening! Got my attention. Great sound on that guitar (or whatever it is). What is it? And if it is a real guitar, what plugins did you put to it?

Wow, fantastic vocal sound and singing. I'm actually getting goosebumps from this. Great harmonies. Great sound.

Seriously, what a great f**king song! That's all I have to say really. Just wow.. I wish I made this song! :-)

More than I want to write a review I got really interested in how you produced this. I followed you on Soundcloud and can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for this song!

/R

thanks for the glowing review mate ;D ;D ;D
the opening guitar is a cheap nylon stringed acoustic played high up the neck (using a capo) I played each chord separately then joined em together (because I'm not a good enough player to get it that clean in one go ) then added 1/4 delay to the guitar and reverb to the delay (not the guitar)

cheers, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »
I don't have much to add to what's already been said. You have quite a distinctive style of melody writing and of singing that I like very much. Sometimes there are bits in the melody that I might do a little differently but then it might not be "you" anymore.

My favorite verse in this one is:
I am your Ganymede, you are the only world for me,
I'll stay until you see my starlight in your eyes,
I walk along this street alone, don't know which way to go,
Give me a sign so I can follow you,

It feels the most creative and original to me and it catches my ear.

Considering how important lyrics are to you then this is praise indeed..thank you..

Vicki

I keep getting the quotes wrong.. ::) ::) need to slow down a bit...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »
Hi,

Well up to your usual standard. The track is great as I have come to expect. My only criticism is that your material does all sound similar in terms of the musical palette, subject matter and production. If you took your last 12 tracks and put them together on a CD it wouldn't work but this is not the path that you are on. I just wish I had your skills.

M

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »
Really nice production - although I think you can afford to push the bass and low mids a bit more as the mix is very "toppy"

I really like the song and there is a nice 80s slant, which is quite en vogue at the moment

It is a very personal thing but I think some dirty guitars would roughen this track up a treat!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 08:13:18 PM »
Another great song Kevin.

As per usual great vocals and guitars.

Slick production too

Well done

Sandeep

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 02:09:27 AM »
Hey Kevin
You never disappoint do you?
Lovely soundscape and as usual perfect vocals and mix.
Wish you'd give me something to nit-pick but none can be found..
I could listen to this kind of stuff all day long :)
Paul

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »
 I always have to remember to turn the volume down before I listen to one of yours shadow because I know it's going to come through loud and clear, this is no different, well put together and produced as usual.

I like the song and the instrumentation , can't really think of any improvements at the moment.

Well done

Yodasdad

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »
Hiya guys..thank you listening, trying my best all the time,
Paul..was gonna put some power chords in the chorus but thought it would sound too 80's, but it sounds 80's anyway so ??? ??? ???
I'm stuck in the 80's it would seem, ah well, I can think of worse places to be stuck..

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:45 PM »
This is one of my favs from Your Kevin...I love the production and the melodies...it is all as crisp and smooth as chocolate buttons. The drums are kicking.

I would love to hear some more harmonies on the chorus from the go but thats just a suggestion. Great use of mood, taking the song up and down when needed. And Tina is right about the female vocal, it really adds something and you should use her more. But this is truly fab in any case.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »
Hi - great listen - lots of variation between the sections and I think you may have borrowed my "special" guitar for that picking part! I think the tempo and lifts are well chosen - pefect pop arrangement I would say - with that human guitar adding something extra.
Really smooth sounds (again!)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 07:58:21 AM »
I'm stuck in the 80's it would seem, ah well, I can think of worse places to be stuck..

There is undoubtedly an 80s feel to your work, which is part of your very distinctive "sound"

I think this is something that should be celebrated and even exploited - I would love to hear you consciously try to create an 80s song - which would be VERY pitchable for TV and film at the moment  ;)
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic