Gasoline Heart - collab with timcrocus

• 19 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 03:20:33 AM »
Hi Neil.....I like the song alot. Cool vibe, and the music shines. Your singing sits very well in the mix.
The lyrics are hard to follow, without actually reading along.....for me, anyways  ;)
The music and performances are the stand-outs for me!!
Good stuff!
                                    -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »
I love it when you rock Neil...with 10 pints down me Im sure I would be up on the tables dancing to this. Great rocking tune with a great chorus...cant think of what more to add to whats already been said.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 11:38:22 AM »
Great, swinging, no nonsense rocker! I love Tim's lyrics anyway so this was always going to be a good one, though sometimes I thought your vocal (very good sounding by the way) got a bit swamped in the guitars so I needed to be reading the lyrics.
But nothing much to add - guitar rock with some thought provoking images - a great marriage.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »
Good dance tune! Clever words and melody that suits them well. This would be so fun to sing!

Great work!

Vicki

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:15 AM »
Dear All,
Thanks all for listening and your comments. Sounds like it hit the mark in terms of a good old rocking tune to accompany Tom's fine lyrics. and thanks for the feedback on the vocals.
Some divide around light and shade and possibly the mix. I was trying to get it to be a powerful but more acoustic led, if i were to do it again i'd probably stick with twin electric guitars.
And to martyn - of to be able to drink 10 pints, those were the days....
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..