konalavadome

Pipe & Slippers Man

• 37 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 02:30:55 AM »
Hi Martyn
Very creative and different song - has an epic feel to it.
Vocals are a bit pitchy in places but that's an easy fix.
Good lyrics and strange (but interesting  ;D) ending :)
Nice work  ;D
Paul

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 10:50:56 AM »
Very nice, I like this a lot. I'm imagining a little Irish pub with everyone gathered round late in the evening singing this, the kind of folk song that feels like it should have been around forever.

Great lyrics and imagery.

Not sure it needs the long sustained ending but apart from that, a great singalong classic.

Yodasdad

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 12:36:14 PM »
Excellent. My favourite song of yours by a country mile. Beautiful lead-guitar - really tasteful.

Very good and a joy to listen to.
West Country Country Boy

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 07:00:31 PM »
Martyn,

Very intimate...transforming the ordinary into the sublime!!!   Your authenticity moves through everything....vocal, arrangement, instrumentation....Very well done!!

igg

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »
Some amazing compliments here...thank you guys and gals. I have had it remixed and mastered for anyone who wants to give it a second listen. Thanks again.

Oldbutyet

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 09:55:52 PM »
Wow, i had to sit back and just take it all in, Brilliant, what you have here is one great live song and believe me an audience would love this, just let the song and them go with the flow man   8)

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »
Really nice song.  Loved the piano and choir and the drop-back around the 2:00 min mark. Reminded me of Alabama 3 a bit - their mellower numbers obviously.

How was the choir recorded? Did you multitrack it, or was it a keyboard patch?  I ask because mine and Gaby's latest has a bluesy/gospel feel to it and we also put a choir on it.  Couldn't find the right sound on any synths or sample sets, so we ended up singing it ourselves and multitracking.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
Thanks for the comments. Singing yourselves and multi-tracking would defo be my option if I had the time/skill to do it. However, for this choir I used a keyboard patch on Logic Pro X.