konalavadome

Is it just me or...

• 34 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »

I don't perform live my friend, music is a hobby that i enjoy so I turned a room into my mancave/recording stdio..built myself a soundbooth (just re built it it, fist one was too small, in 5mins there was no air left)

Oh, OK.  There seems to be a bit of a split amongst posters here.  For me, music is a way of getting out and meeting people.  I don't think I'd enjoy it if I were just stuck at home doing it on my own.  Music is what stops me from becoming a recluse!

I get out and meet enough people during my work as a photographer so a bit of peace in the studio is welcome.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
I'd take a photo and show you but I don't know how to insert them in here.

same here..dunno how to either.. ;D ;D

while I'm here, how do you do  part of a quote without it looking like what I've just done?..please.. :) :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:12:26 PM by Boydie »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 08:07:23 PM »
If I could sing, I might well go out and try to perform my songs live but I can't so I don't. The other option is I play piano/keys in a band. I already did that for years, met lots of people including a lot of drunk idiots and guess what, i didn't have time to write my own stuff. It wasn't until I stopped going out and playing live that I actually had time to write music.

For now I'm happy in my studio (room) doing my thing.

As for quotes, I've got no idea about those either shadow.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »
I'd take a photo and show you but I don't know how to insert them in here.

You need to host the photo on a hosting site (e.g. Phobucket) and use the IMG tags (the picture icon below the BOLD icon) and put the link inbeween them in the same way as the quote tags

As for quotes, I've got no idea about those either shadow.

Select and copy the portion of text you want to copy

In your post click the QUOTE icon (the yellow speech bubble to the left of the "bullets" icon) and paste your quote between the quote tags - all tags go in pairs [/quote] needs to go at the end of the quote to "turn it off"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:22:37 PM by Boydie »
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 06:23:35 AM »
I am working on the assumption that everyone who uses this forum writes songs in one way or another so I'm hoping that someone will chime in and tell me I'm not as sad or unsociable as I'm feeling.

I was at a wedding at the weekend of a close family member; lots of good food, alcohol flowing, a good dj, friends, family, dancing the whol shbang. And while I was there I thought to myself, I'd rather be at home, in my studio, on my own writing a song, I'd enjoy that more.

Anyone else ever feel similar or am I just heading down the road of becoming a recluse?

Yodasdad

Dunno if this is what was going through your mind and emotions or not. 

Whenever I have a similar thing happen, it usually comes down to this. 

If I'm going to be alone, I'd prefer to do it by myself instead of with a crowd.  Sometimes the NUMBER of people around you/me/us isn't relevant.  What IS relevant is how many of those people are willing to drop the barriers and have a meaningful and revealing conversation. 

I won't say it's depressing, but I'll use the word "disappointing" instead.  Whenever I'm surrounded by people, but there is no opportunity for meaningful contact, it's disappointing. . . and I'd rather have been alone. 

If people are available to me, and I just don't take an interest, that's a different thing - entirely on me in that case.  Sometimes I can be a bit of an unsociable twit and get wrapped up in myself and turn down potential contacts. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.