Doctor Frankensteins Guitar ---Spooky Comp Entry

• 24 Replies

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »
Wow, you really know how to strangle your guitar. Mucho impressive.

Great fun and catchy. I just love those Igor voice parts. Perfect sound and accent and rhythm. The professor did not really cut through the mix too well, perhaps it could use a little eq help or whatever.

Now I have two favourites in the competition ... voting will be hard.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
Does it look like EVH's axe? Doctor Frankenstein's Guitar,I mean.  :D

Crypt kickingly,bone rattlingly,horribly good.  8)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 09:21:57 PM »
yes i had no idea eddie van halen called his guitar frankenstein till i decided to google my title
but it was too late to change it then
anyway i always thought he was just a huge show off realy ..not one of my fave guitarists
so i thought why not  :)

i must write a long thankyou post for all these reviews
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 11:50:15 PM »
Fun, freaky and a little f***ed up, I like it.

I was drawn in by your explanation of the track and I didn't look back from there. Some great craftswomanship has gone into this with influences from all over the place I think.

Great guitar, great effects and production. My only criticism would be I'd like the vocals generally louder. I know there's the whole ethereal, sinister vibe but I think a little higher in the mix would work fine for the most part.

Oh, one other, I can't listen to it without saying wipeout after the laugh at the end.

Is that just me?

Yodasdad

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »
Hi Tina,

wild and right up my street. Echoing Jambrains I'd have preferred a bit more bass to anchor the song.

Keith

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
all kinds of excellent!

thanks for the upload!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 09:04:11 PM »
time to say thankyou to everyone for listening & the comments & opinions :)

yes the bass did not come out properly.. it sounds fine at home but it always seems to happen to me I make it into a mp3 upload it to youtube & the sound gets mangled... usually the bass  disappears a bit or the cymbals sound horrible...i was disapointed the way it sounded on youtube

the maniac laughter at the end is not from wipeout its from freesounds & its a woman.. I tried to make her sound more crazy than it was & she ended up sounding like a man

I just could not get Marts voice to sound clear ...I am not a expert with EQ I dont realy know what im doing there but often I can fiddle around till things sound right but this time I just couldnt get it right without having him too loud for the backing

derek you are right about the story being a anticlimax at the end..i suppose I thought its a fun song it doesnt matter when I wrote it...but after you said it I thought yes I shouldve written a better ending

thanks for the great compliments about my guitar playing :)

I realy like the combination of male & female voices in this & am working on a new one hopefully with another guy..i shall be holding auditions ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »
Hi Tina
Great axe swinging as usual from you :)
Loved the title and lyrics - had trouble making them out in the track (probably because of my (we bastardized the queen's english) Canadian ears)  :)
Should do well in the comp.
Yeah agree mp3 sucks the life out of a track IMHO.
Paul

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »
Yo Tina,

I love the way you put it all together....Like all of the others have said, you knock me out with your guitar work...but even more importantly, how wonderfully you put all the pieces together in such an entertaining and musical way...
I just realized you are the only artist that can be played at any speed and still sound terrific!!!

igg

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
Frangtastic,
I think its all the better for the space without any rhythm guitars. How we your bass fingers by the end?
Anyway shred and all the guitars, biy you can play and mad drumming and vocals all right on the brief.
 :) :)
Neil   
songwriter of no repute..