What song are you working on right now?

• 21 Replies

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
I thought I would throw this out there....

What song are you working on right now?

I am working on writing a modern Country song with MONTYDOG and creating a backing track for a great little 60s vibe track with VICKI

What are you all working on?
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 08:58:49 PM »
i'm trying to finish off this competition entry...i have most of the backing of a punky/rockabilly thing done - though i haven't got the chops for Brian Setzer style guitar playing...i can but try...

i figure i'm going to give this one some welly...try to summon up the dark side...lyrics too...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 09:14:33 PM »
Very nice looking forward to hearing these.

Not really working on anything at the moment, writ a few different lyrics but nothings keeping me interested.

Convinced one of my mates to write a verse or two though with the premise of me doing the same so I'll leave him to set the theme and work with it. Count that as ground-work xD

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:32 PM »
One dedicated to my (at times) runaway mouth,it's tongue in cheek (ha!) and it's a waltz.

I'm gonna call it Mouth Waltz.

You'll be getting it to master in due course Paul,so brace yourself for a Celtic flavoured waltz.  :D

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:28:53 PM »
Have actually had a resurgence on the ideas/hooks front so working on getting some of these firmed up and into lyrics of some shape. Apart from that working on 2 sh*t hot ideas/lyrics/tracks with some non-forum peeps. Still dreaming of the big payday though.....

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »
Sounds like some interesting stuff coming down the pipe.
Lots in my song queue but right now it's a spooky contest entry with bin.
Then it's on to a Christmas song/video which may or may not get done by Christmas :)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:41 PM »
i have most of the backing of a punky/rockabilly thing done - though i haven't got the chops for Brian Setzer style guitar playing...i can but try...

I would be happy to record some licks for you if you want - just drop me a PM
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
As I have a week off work I've overstepped my one hour a day budget and stepped it up to two hours. I've just finished a punk number about smashing up my mobile phone. Then dusted down a Halloween entry but discovered I had previously posted it as a wip so had to write a new one and I came up with something that I got together in a couple of hours about a Saxon who came back to life after nearly two thousand years. The expression on my wife's face when I tell her about what each song is about is different  :) Also trying to get together some songs for a CD. More time please...

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 12:54:46 AM »
I'm working on one entry (possibly two entries) for the spooky or whatever competition. And a multitude of short things to help me memorize stuff.

And this isn't exactly music (yet), but I'm working on a grant application for a project I'm calling "Late Bloomers Rock" which will include a website to showcase my music and to encourage new starts late in life. Assuming I get the grant.

Vicki

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »
I'm focussing nearly all my music time/energy on creating Karaoke versions of my existing best songs so that I can get more of them in front of audiences. 

BTW. . . if anyone would like to have one song (and it would have to be a song that I like) Karaokeized, I would be willing to do one for each of the members who habitually review songs here. . . over time and with no deadline. 

To be clear, there would be no charge. . . just a labor of love and an expression of appreciation for the contributing members of the forum.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
That is an extremely generous offer, Verlon! I might be moved to take you up on it, but I wonder if you'll get inundated with a gazillion requests....

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »
Hi all,

Nice to see everyone so busy.  I'm trying to bring a couple of choruses that I've had in my head for a while to life.  Seem to be having a mental block on the remaining verse/melodies at the minute! 
Also working on putting lyrics together without a melody in mind for Scotts brainchild :-)

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »
I've got a couple of instrumentals that I'm not sure whether or not I can make them into vocal tunes. One of them is drifting toward being an instrumental, for sure. The other I think needs a vocal line; I just don't have one yet. It's got a cool little guitar part, though!

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 06:56:03 PM »
A song called Fresh Lemonade! Gonna put it out there later today.  ;)

Royston

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »
I've just completed a couple of songs one being a protest song the other about not being able cope with the difficulties of life that I've sent to a friend to demo.       

I'm also working on two songs one is a festive song (better late than never) the other a novelty football song which describes the beautiful game of today.

Royston