Something Evil This Way Comes.....Spooky or What?

• 26 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 18, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
Hi everyone.....I'm branching out here on my own a bit, with this little Spooky or What Halloween number.....
Happy Halloween!  8)

"Something Evil This Way Comes"
By Tom Tognaci

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7678145

Something evil this way comes...

Theres a chill riding on the wind
Goose bumps rising on my skin
Better hide, theres no time to run
For something evil this way comes
Something evil this way comes

As dark as midnight, dark as coal
More dark than a witchs soul
A black moon will eclipse the sun

Get your cross, maybe a Koran
Holy water, if you can
So stack those Bibles, one by one,
Something evil this way comes,

As bad as evils ever known
Far worse than the devils own
Pray to God that Thy will be done
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:48:01 PM by IronKnee »
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:49 PM »
Wow....those sound affects at the beginning haunting or what. Thought it was a trailer for a Halloween movie.

And those electric guitars at the beginning, definitely you branching out....am I listening to Motorhead or ZZ top.

Lot of energy

Definitely spooky & what.....cool ending

Good song ....will definitely be in the mix.

Sandeep

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
good number!! just thought the intro a bit long and your voice is a bit to low in the mix..for me anyway..

good atmospheric piece though..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »
I think it's always cool to try something different from time to time. This made me think of the music from the movie "from dusk till dawn". It is fun and had that carefree give it all attitude.  The title sounded more Harry Potter though.

I would have liked to hear some bass, and maybe a grander drum sound.

Vocals were great though and just in style.

Good luck, bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 08:28:45 PM »
Well that was amazing & I wouldve had no idea that was tom ironknee if I hadnt read it
this is fabulously different to your acoustic stuff & you sound incredible
its loud & raw   the guitars sound feral & nasty & you play some killer riffs all the way thru
 I am very impressed how a folkie suddenly turns himself into a monster of rock with the voice  transformed aswell ...you made ozzy sound like a choirboy  :)

with that beat & no bass guitar it reminded me a bit of the Cramps who certainly knew a thing about horror rocknroll
I thought maybe you should have cut the sound effects intro & had them play over the guitar intro instead?
anyway I thought it was fab

I have finally managed to get soundclick to play this week which is why you have me reviewing your songs again
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 08:52:17 PM »
Hi Tom,

Great stuff.

Agree that the vocal could do with being a bit more forward in the mix.
Got an early 80s rock sound to it.
Love the guitar tones.
And what a surprising vocal.

Quality.

Digger

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »
Hi Tom,

Excellent story telling well played and sung  (would’ve liked to have heard your vocals stand out a bit more though) but only a minor thing.  

Thought the intro was fabulous – and honestly when the electric guitar cut in our cat jumped out of his skin! Which was pretty damn funny…and added to the whole Halloween scene... :) :)

Great job

Phil
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:38:03 PM by boolio »
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 10:54:11 AM »
Great stuff Tom. Really love this. Killer guitar and it certainly shakes you ass. Has a sort of Qots feel to it I think. Great spooky effects as well. Nice one  :) John. P.s would have liked the vocals a bit higher in the mix

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
Wow....those sound affects at the beginning haunting or what. Thought it was a trailer for a Halloween movie.

And those electric guitars at the beginning, definitely you branching out....am I listening to Motorhead or ZZ top.

Lot of energy

Definitely spooky & what.....cool ending

Good song ....will definitely be in the mix.

Sandeep

Thanks Sandeep...........appreciate you having a listen  8)

good number!! just thought the intro a bit long and your voice is a bit to low in the mix..for me anyway..

good atmospheric piece though..

Thanks shadow.........it was a lot of fun coming up with all of the guitar parts! Thanks for listening!

I think it's always cool to try something different from time to time. This made me think of the music from the movie "from dusk till dawn". It is fun and had that carefree give it all attitude.  The title sounded more Harry Potter though.

I would have liked to hear some bass, and maybe a grander drum sound.

Vocals were great though and just in style.

Good luck, bye Wolfi

Thanks Wolfi.....but, Tommy dont have no bass......just drum loops  :o
Thanks for listening!

Well that was amazing & I wouldve had no idea that was tom ironknee if I hadnt read it
this is fabulously different to your acoustic stuff & you sound incredible
its loud & raw   the guitars sound feral & nasty & you play some killer riffs all the way thru
 I am very impressed how a folkie suddenly turns himself into a monster of rock with the voice  transformed aswell ...you made ozzy sound like a choirboy  :)

with that beat & no bass guitar it reminded me a bit of the Cramps who certainly knew a thing about horror rocknroll
I thought maybe you should have cut the sound effects intro & had them play over the guitar intro instead?
anyway I thought it was fab

I have finally managed to get soundclick to play this week which is why you have me reviewing your songs again

Hi Tina.......thanks for listening, and thanks for noticing that I (try) new things of genre  ;D
Hi Tom,

Great stuff.

Agree that the vocal could do with being a bit more forward in the mix.
Got an early 80s rock sound to it.
Love the guitar tones.
And what a surprising vocal.

Quality.

Digger

Thanks for stopping by Digger......it's always appreciated!

Hi Tom,

Excellent story telling well played and sung  (would’ve liked to have heard your vocals stand out a bit more though) but only a minor thing. 

Thought the intro was fabulous – and honestly when the electric guitar cut in our cat jumped out of his skin! Which was pretty damn funny…and added to the whole Halloween scene... :) :)

Great job

Phil

Hey there Phil....sorry for scaring your cat....but, I was going for hair raising  :o
Thank you,  for sharing!

Great stuff Tom. Really love this. Killer guitar and it certainly shakes you ass. Has a sort of Qots feel to it I think. Great spooky effects as well. Nice one  :) John. P.s would have liked the vocals a bit higher in the mix

Hey there Pompy......thanks for all the support! Glad you liked it!
                                                         :D

And thanks to all who have listened!
                                                                  8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 02:22:09 PM »
Wow. This is might powerful stuff!

Intro reminded of that first Black Sabbath album - not a bad thing. The guitar riff reminds me of George Thorogood - also not a bad thing. It rocks along really well and the vocals just lock into the rhythm superbly. Love the repeated chorus line, really strong.

On my laptop I couldn't hear any bass and the vocals were well down in the mix. I shall listen later with cans on. But I loved it. Brilliant. So good to hear you rocking out.

Cheers
Derek
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »
Wow. This is might powerful stuff!

Intro reminded of that first Black Sabbath album - not a bad thing. The guitar riff reminds me of George Thorogood - also not a bad thing. It rocks along really well and the vocals just lock into the rhythm superbly. Love the repeated chorus line, really strong.

On my laptop I couldn't hear any bass and the vocals were well down in the mix. I shall listen later with cans on. But I loved it. Brilliant. So good to hear you rocking out.

Cheers
Derek

Thanks Derek.........it's always nice to hear from you. Soo glad you like it  ;D

Thanks all............
                                             8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
What the hell happened to fluffy boy acoustic Tom that we all know and love?  ;D

This is great stuff, I knew you had hellraising in you but now the evidence is there for all to hear. The whole sound effect ambiance at the beginning is great but as someone mentioned, maybe it could go over the guitar intro?

Anyway, I LOVE those low bends and the harmonised guitars...sounds like proper death metal with your growling vox over the top. Something evil this way cometh indeed. I imagine a big back drop on stage with some kind of horned devil grinning manically.

Not sure what happened with the abrupt stop but I noticed my eyes were still wide open for some time afterwards  ;D Good luck in the comp!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 08:04:51 PM »
Wow! You're very versatile! I had to check to see if I was listening to a different person than I thought, but nope! I was you.

Very cool and a great contender for the competition. I love it!

Vicki

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
What the hell happened to fluffy boy acoustic Tom that we all know and love?  ;D

This is great stuff, I knew you had hellraising in you but now the evidence is there for all to hear. The whole sound effect ambiance at the beginning is great but as someone mentioned, maybe it could go over the guitar intro?

Anyway, I LOVE those low bends and the harmonised guitars...sounds like proper death metal with your growling vox over the top. Something evil this way cometh indeed. I imagine a big back drop on stage with some kind of horned devil grinning manically.

Not sure what happened with the abrupt stop but I noticed my eyes were still wide open for some time afterwards  ;D Good luck in the comp!

Thanks for listening, M&R  ;D

Wow! You're very versatile! I had to check to see if I was listening to a different person than I thought, but nope! I was you.

Very cool and a great contender for the competition. I love it!

Vicki

And thank you, as well Vicki

Thanks to all who have listened.....
                                                            8)-Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »

Hi Tom,

The Prince of Darkness would be impressed.
 Be careful, he might ask you to join his band ;D

Full of fear and menace and pain...loved it ;D

perfect for the comp..

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran