Call me superstitious - collab with IronKnee Spooky or what entry

• 23 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »
you're superstitious

well...someone had to do it...

brilliant lyrics...and - as has been mentioned previously - that scream turning into a gob-organ is a really great touch...

classy, funky backing track and nice contrasting vocals...must be a contender  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Stewpot99

• Busker
  • file:///C:/Users/Stupot/AppData/Roaming/Apple%20Co
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 02:11:11 PM »
Hi

Nice bluesy number, had lots of grit and can tell that you enjoy what your doing!

Harp with my favourite part, but I also liked the melody, even if it's blues it never gets old eh?

If I was in anyway superstitious I'd say, the writings on the wall here  :)

Good job

Stu

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »
Really like everything about this...funky geetar, great lyrics (love The Walking Dead reference) and the harmonica is great - I actually thought it was someone screaming at first.

You creepy people...I think this comp is bringing the dark side out of everyone and I love it.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »

Great song guys.....love it ;D

excellent harmonica......I presume that was neil ?
 Thought the vocals worked well and really liked the
 add libs, growls and screams made it sound like
 great fun ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
Hi Guys,

Funky, bluesy, groovy.
Made me think of Jimi, but with a cleaner guitar sound.

"She walked in like an angel up to the bar at 3 AM
But what laid in bed beside me when I woke up was looking grim"

This section sounds great with the 2 vocals.

Great scream into the harmonica.

Very cool.

Digger

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »
Nice one, some really nice twists in the progression that keeps it away from the standard formula while still not getting weird. The telephone effect on the vocal in first verse is spot on but onwards I find the vocals a bit too processed for my taste.
Mix sound good, the bass may be a little boomy at places but the guitars on the other hand are fab.
I'm not sure but I have a feeling that the tempo may be slightly too slow to optimal but I guess we are passed the point where that can be adjusted. Input for future projects perhaps.
All in all, a very good collab guys. Good luck!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »
Nice work,

I can't really add much to this other than to echo most of what has already been said.

Funky, frightful, fab.

Harmonica, nice.

Did you ever here the story of when Steve Wonder and and jimi Hendrix met up for a coffee one Halloween?.....they chatted in between mouthfuls of pumpkin soup and as the afternoon drew on jimi started riffing a funky groove on his guitar while Wonder interspersed bluesey licks on his harmonica and lyrics, well they were inspired by the ghostly goings on around them. Nobody ever heard that fine music except for the coffee shop owner and his dog, until many years later, sometime in the next century, when two guys were drinking coffee at Halloween. One started riffing on a gee-tar the other, well he made the harmonica sing. The strangest thing, neither of them had ever played an instrument before, they just found them sitting there in the corner of the coffee shop and felt compelled to pick them up. Now call me superstitious but spooky or what?

Yodasdad

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:20 PM »
Cool blues choon,clever lyrics and smoothly executed.

Honking,haunting gub iron too.

Excellent effort,you two.  :)

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »
Hey Guys,

Funky junk at the Apollo theater at Halloween....James Brown starts it off  and the the boys take from there...I'm doing the spooky shing-a-ling all around the mansion!!  Well done guys...

igg